Toad World® Forums

Custom dictionary/schema and table copying

Greetings guys!

I just ran into this one and I’m not sure if is a bug or the way things are supposed to work. I’m working on a SQL Server 2005 data model.

I’m starting a new data model and I have a custom schema name (dbo) and I have a few custom dictionary types (Id, note). Since most of my tables in the schema have 5 common columns (id, and some audit information), I decided to create a generic table wtith these default columns and the basic data about the table. In this table, the schema attached to is is my custom dbo schema, and one of the columns has the custom dictionary type of Id.

When I copy and paste the table to rename it and add all my new columns, the schema for the new table is automatically set to “Schema2” and increments with each new table I copy in this fashion. Similarly, my column has its type change to “DictionaryType2” and the same incrementing options apply.

I’m not sure if this is how TDM is supposed to interact with custom types in a copy/paste scenario or not, but I wanted to point that out.

Keep up the great work guys!!!

Hello Dillie-O,

Yes, unfortunately, this is a bug in Beta version. It was already registered under CR # 52 590 and I’m happy to let you know that it was already fixed for next Beta release.

Thanks very much for your co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team