Toad World® Forums

Data Diff Viewer Error

I get the following error any time I try to filter the Data Diff Viewer. When I click OK, the error returns, and I have to kill the application in Task Manager. This is using a Teradata .Net connection.

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Quest.DataCompare.UI.DataPages.PropertyForElement.GetValue(Object component)
at DevExpress.Data.Helpers.BaseListDataControllerHelper.GetRowValue(Int32 listSourceRow, Int32 column, OperationCompleted completed)
at DevExpress.Data.DataController.GetRowValue(Int32 controllerRow, Int32 column, OperationCompleted completed)
at DevExpress.Data.BaseListSourceDataController.GetRowValue(Int32 controllerRow, Int32 column, OperationCompleted completed)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.GetRowCellValue(Int32 rowHandle, GridColumn column, OperationCompleted completed)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.GetRowCellValue(Int32 rowHandle, GridColumn column)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.ViewInfo.GridViewInfo.CalcRowCellDrawInfo(GridDataRowInfo ri, GridColumnInfoArgs ci, GridCellInfo cell, GridColumnInfoArgs nextColumn, Boolean calcEditInfo)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.ViewInfo.GridViewInfo.CalcRowCellsDrawInfo(GridDataRowInfo ri, GridColumnsInfo columnsInfo)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.ViewInfo.GridViewInfo.CalcDataRow(GridDataRowInfo ri, GridRow row, GridRow nextRow)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.ViewInfo.GridViewInfo.CalcRowsDrawInfo()
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.ViewInfo.GridViewInfo.CalcGridInfo()
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.ViewInfo.GridViewInfo.Calc(Graphics g, Rectangle bounds)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.ColumnView.DoInternalLayout()
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.ColumnView.CalculateLayout()
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.BaseView.CalculateLayoutSynchronized()
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.BaseView.CheckViewInfo()
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.BaseView.Draw(GraphicsCache e)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.ControlPaintHelper.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs paintEventArgs, Int32 layer)
at DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.ControlPaintHelper.ProcessWMPaint(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.CheckProcessMsg(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

To itlnstln:

Thank you for posting in Toad World!

I have been unable to reproduce your issue, though I did find a similar issue that was fixed in TSY-1050.

My reproduction steps

1. Launch Toad for Data Point 3.7
  2. Tools -> Compare -> Data Diff Viewer
  3. Connect to Teradata (I connected to server v. 14.10.01.01)
  4. Dragged two similar tables to the Data Diff Viewer
  5. Clicked on all the icons in the Data Diff Viewer tab, but did not encounter the error.

We humbly ask that you try our latest beta, 3.7.0.659, to see if it is still reproducible.

www.toadworld.com/.../24063.aspx

Software Developer I,
-Joshua Liong