Data Grid Filters

Is there an alias that is used for the data grid filters to reference the table? I have a table that I’m needing to find rows based on values in another table and in the sub-query need to reference the alias for the main table. It would be extremely useful for me to be able to do this using the schema browser data grid or a Describe data grid so the arrangement of my columns can be remembered between sessions.

Here is the entire query that I’m using, in case it makes more sense what I’m trying to do here. :slight_smile:

SELECT ROWID, loc.*

FROM wc_geo_locations_d loc

WHERE (loc_match_city_name, loc_match_region_name, loc_country_wid) IN (SELECT loc_match_city_name,

loc_match_region_name,

loc_country_wid

FROM wc_geo_locations_d loc2

WHERE 1 = 1

AND NVL(loc.loc_official_geoname_id, 0) <> NVL(loc2.loc_official_geoname_id, 0));

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

In the Schema browser data grids, normally we don’t use an alias, unless there is an XMLTYPE column in the table. If you want it to always use an alias, go to Options -> Schema browser -> Data tab, and check “Use alias for table name in query”.

In most cases, the alias will be the first letter of the table name. If the first letter is lowercase or something else that would require double-quotes, we just use the letter T as the alias.

I should have known there was already an option. :slight_smile: Thanks, John, I think this is exactly what I need!

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:07 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Data Grid Filters

Reply by John Dorlon
In the Schema browser data grids, normally we don't use an alias, unless there is an XMLTYPE column in the table. If you want it to always use an alias, go to Options -> Schema browser -> Data tab, and check "Use alias for table name in query".

In most cases, the alias will be the first letter of the table name. If the first letter is lowercase or something else that would require double-quotes, we just use the letter T as the alias.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org