Toad World® Forums

Default Backup Directory

I went into to TOAD Server Properties to set the default backup directory. I was unable to do so, as that is not an option listed. I had to go into SSMS to set the default backup directory. It would be nice to be able to set the default backup directory through the Tools->Administer->Server Properties dialog, under the Settings section. Place it just below the settings for Default data directory and Default log directory.

Hi,

Do you means the option here?We have the setting in Tools-Administrators->Server properties->Settings->Database Settings?

Yes - that is correct. You cannot set the default backup directory there, only the default data file and log directories. I would also like to be able to set the default backup directory there, like I can with SSMS.

Yes, please, it would be nice not to have to go to the registry on the server in question to be able to set that default location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.SQL2012\MSSQLServer\BackupDirectory for example is in the exact same path as where DefaultData and DefaultLog file entries are stored, so this certainly seems like an easy feature to add.

OK, Thanks for your explanation.

Have create TSS-435 for it,We will fix it soon.

Cathy.