Toad World® Forums

Delay Table After Script

Hello TDM community,

I have a table A, where I added a TRIGGER in the After Script. The problem is, after I created all tables, I have another script running (ExtraObjects) to add all primary keys to my tables with a PL/SQL routine. When the routine is done, the status of the trigger is INVALID, cause the table object was altered. I could just make another scrippt recompiling all my invalid triggers. But would be nice to assign a trigger or any other PL/SQL routine to a table and delay it. So far we have the tabs “Before Script” and “After Script”. You could add a third one, give a name and then control it over the menue point “Order of generated Objects”.

Ikrischer

Hello Ilja,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider it and will see.
In any case, it has a low priority at the moment. I’m sorry.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

oh oh, low priority…

besides that, I have some problems with version 3.5.10.4. When I add a column to an existing table, I cannot move it up anymore aslong I dont hit apply (when not wrong it worked before). Also NOT NULL constraints wont take effect when adding a column and clicking Ok. I need to press Apply first or edit the table a second time.

IKrischer

Hello Ilja,

When I add a column to an existing table, I cannot move it up anymore aslong I dont hit apply (when not wrong it worked before).

Yes, please confirm the new attribute Apply before you move it.
We’ll have a look at this issue. CR 74 395.

Also NOT NULL constraints wont take effect when adding a column and clicking Ok. I need to press Apply first or edit the table a second time.

This problem occurs in 3.5.10 and was already fixed in Beta 3.6.1.6.
Workaround: After you create a new column, please click Apply.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Vladka