Toad World® Forums

Dumb Question (so forgive me for asking)

But where in the options in 3.3 beta do I turn off the open last model feature. Because when I double click in windows explorer on a TDM file, it does the auto open and tries to open the model I clicked on. If they are the same - then I get message about do I want to open it twice. So would like to turn that off - or see tool recognize that situation and not ask the obvious

Hello Bert,

then I get message about do I want to open it twice. So would like to turn that off…

Please select the ‘Do not show next time’ checkbox in the message. You will not be asked then.
Please see the attached screenshot.

Note: If you like to turn it on again. Select Settings | Options | Dialog Boxes | Hidden Dialog Boxes tab and clear the ModelAlreadyOpen item. (see second screenshot).

If you have more questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Hello Bert,

then I get message about do I want to open it twice. So would like to turn that off…

Please select the ‘Do not show next time’ checkbox in the message. You will not be asked then.
Please see the attached screenshot.

Note: If you like to turn it on again. Select Settings | Options | Dialog Boxes | Hidden Dialog Boxes tab and clear the ModelAlreadyOpen item. (see second screenshot).

If you have more questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

I do not see this option :frowning: My Hidden Dialog Boxes window is empty, so how to turn off loading previous models?

Hi Michal,

Did you select the Do not show next time box?
Select it, confirm and then check out the Options, Hidden Dialog Boxes tab.

Note: To turn the loading off, just select the Do not show next time checkbox.
The Hidden Dialog Boxes tab in Options includes only options that you disabled and shall be used when you want to enable some of them again.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka

I’ve seen this too - where the options shows an empty list for the dialogs. But if I shut down and restart TDM, then I can see the listed options. It happens sporadically - so I do not have steps to reliably reproduce.

so how to turn off loading previous models?
The only way I’ve found is to make sure all models are closed before closing TDM (we’re using ver 3.1.7.25).

Vladka - It would be helpful to be able to turn off this behaviour

Regards
Malcolm

Hello,

I think there is a little misunderstanding. It seems there are two issues discussed.
(Probably, I didn’t understand well. I’m sorry.)

To what Bert wrote: (his first post)
I’ve tested it many times in full version and Beta. Our testers have also checked it out. Unfortunately, we have never come to the situation when we had to restart TDM to display the disabled options in Hidden Dialog Boxes.

Here is what I did:

1. I open TDM and Model1 from TDM. TDM and Model1 are still open.
  2. I find Model1 in explorer, double-click it to open it.
    (Note: In Settings | Options | General | the Run Only One Instance of Application checkbox is selected, which is a default setting).
  3. It takes some time and finaly this message occurs (see the screenshot in my first reply):

Model XXXXX is already open. Do you wish to open it again?
Yes/No/Cancel
Do not show next time

1. I select the Do not show next time checkbox and click No (as I do not want to open the model again, what I select - No in this case - will be remembered).

Result:
When I open the Model1 from explorer again, I will not be asked by the question and the model will not be open for the second time as I selected No.
(If I selected Yes, another instance of the model would open.)

1. Just to check out - now I select Settings | Options | Dialog Boxes | Hidden Dialog Boxes tab where there is a new checkbox Model Already Open. The checkbox appears there as soon as I select the Do not show next time checkbox. No restart of TDM is necessary.

If I wanted to enable the options again - which is to be asked by TDM again = to display the messages again - I would clear the appropriate checkbox in the Hidden Dialog Boxes tab again.

**Reply to Michal:**Thanks to Malcolm’s post we think you mean a different thing. If you work with a model in TDM, save it and do not close it before you close TDM, the model will be loaded automatically again when you run TDM. So, if you do not want this, please close the model before you close TDM (save and close).

Well, I hope it’s much clearer now.

Please let me apologize for the misunderstanding. :slight_smile:

If you have any questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka