We are investigating these issues on our side. I understand that it can be not
so simple question, but can you summarize somehow your activities with Editor.
By operation types, something like this check list:
- Execute queries, multiple times?
- Execute queries that retrieves large amount of data?
yes, but seldom. Wery often it happens when I made a query that result in single
- Send objects to Editor as script
- Send scripts to Editor from any dialogs like Alter Table
I do, but It never happened to me that this kind of query caused such error
- Send query from Editor to Query Builder or vice versa?
only editor to QB.
- Use Formatting (for large files or not?)
hmmm. it opens other window. Sometimes I copy script from optimization [that
because optim. is not able to optimize multipart queries ;(]
- Send result sets anywhere – pivot and chars, Diff viewer etc.
not last time.
- Export result sets via Export wizard or using Quick Export – Just want
to set this as separate item list b/c I suspect some memory issues right here in
- Open large files (if so, what kind of operations do you perform?)
- Check In/Out from/to Version Control system inside TSS
I wrote it to you, that probability of exception if increased if I try to run
query from last open file.
Sometimes the same sql executed from opened file causes error but copied to
newly opened editor does not.
And usually it happens when ran script is on the beginning of editor [yes, it
Probably it is connected to some objects that are active all the app life time,
because if it happens once usually only app restart can cure situation.
It also could be related to some params setted up and stored by application - I
ran Generate DDL Script, it throwed exception and
from this time I’m not able to run this function.