Enhancement on Loupe and Overview

Hi

I am wondering if it is possible to change the size of “Loupe” displays, i think it would be better to allow us to choose the size which we think it is suitable for us. E.g. Extra zoom button to allow user to zoom in and out on the loupe to change the size of the information it displays. I would be grateful if you put that feature on "Overview "as well I.E. At the moment After we Enlarge the “Overview” the model/tables inside will not be enlarge correspondently .

Also I would be grateful if the “Overview” and “Loupe” and “Move” could work together, so We can choose to whether we want to navigate the whole workspace via Overview and Loupe, I.E. At the moment when we are using “Overview” or “Move”, “Loupe” will not display anything.
E.g. User may want to just do a quick look by placing a cursor on top of overview and see when the tables are on “Loupe” After spot out when the table in that can re-adjust the Overview so that the table that we want to work on will displays on Workspace.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello Chi,

Thanks for your suggestions. Let me have some comments.

I am wondering if it is possible to change the size of "Loupe" displays...

Please right-click the Loupe dialog to select the size of display.

I would be grateful if you put that feature on "Overview "as well I.E. At the moment After we Enlarge the "Overview" the model/tables inside will not be enlarge correspondently.

I'm not sure if I understand well. Anyway, it is correct that when you open the Overview dialog and enlarge it, the model/tables inside will not enlarge. For this purpose the frame in the Overview dialog should be used. If you move the frame, you will move in your WS at the same time. If you change size of the frame, you will zoom in or out objects in your model. And this should work properly.

Note: Let me recommend you to watch the following movie on this issue:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=730&categoryID=30

Also I would be grateful if the "Overview" and "Loupe" and "Move" could work together, ..

Move and Overview functions work together. While you're moving (Move option) in your model, you can see how the frame in the Overview dialog moves too. Then you can select e.g. an entity in your model, zoom it in via in the Overview dialog (the entity will be zoomed in in WS at the same time) and work with it.

Loupe function works only while you're pointing your mouse cursor at objects in WS. However, we can make Move and Loupe functions work together. - CR # 33 551.

Thanks!

Vladka