Enhancement on Tools -> "Explorer/Manager"

hi

I am wondering if it is possible to pre-position the Explorer to make it auto- dock to some place? When we accidentally close the Explorer, we could just click on Tools -> “Explorer name” then it will auto -dock to the place where i have previously placed it. Also I would be grateful, if it allow a feature which allow user to Hide the panel on the right hand side. E.g. so when we want a bit more space to work on, we do not need to drag the border of the explorer. kind of line the feature within visual studio, when you can collapse panels.

Also I would be grateful if it is possible to allow user to work on full screen, which hide everything, except, work space and the tool bar which at the top.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello Chi,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

At the moment, you can use splitters to hide panes, however panes such as Application View, Message Explorer, Script and Package Explorers... - You can dock them where you like (e.g. on the right side), and hide them by clicking the splitter. If you click the splitter again, the hidden pane will display.
In other words, if you hide all the panes, you will be allowed to work almost on full screen.

Nevertheless, Model Explorer is different. You can docked it only to particular model, so only within the Application Window. At the moment it's not possible to hide it. However, we will consider adding the splitter to hide also the Model Explorer. - CR# 34 433.

I am wondering if it is possible to pre-position the Explorer to make it auto- dock to some place? When we accidentally close the Explorer, we could just click on Tools -> "Explorer name" then it will auto -dock to the place where i have previously placed it.

Yes, very good suggestion. We will see what we can do about it. CR # 34 434.

Thanks for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka