Toad World® Forums

Error starting TDM on Windows Server 2003

Hi,

My development environment is a Windows Server 2003 machine (running in a VMWare).
When I start TDM I got an error messagebox with the message “Access Violation at address 0012FE93. Write of address 0012FE93”

Raymond

Hello,

Our developers will deal with this issue. As soon as I’ve some news, I’ll let you know.

CR # 27 972.

Thanks!

Vladka

Our developers have created a special executable file.
Please follow these steps:

1. Download the TDM3.exe file from the following location:
    http://modeling.inside.quest.com/shares/modeling/sbin/download/tdm3_exe_with_log.zip (5 MB)

2. Extract the TDM3.exe file from the ZIP package.

3. Copy it to your TDM3 BIN directory.
    Possible path: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler - Beta 3\Bin

When you run TDM 3, a new file “TDM3 log.txt” will be created in the Bin folder. There, details on the error will be stored.

Please send us the log file after starting the application.

Thank you for your co-operation!!!

Vladka

Hi Ramond,

Hi Raymond,

a newer EXE file was uploaded to this server yesterday evening. Could you do one more test for us, please?

1. Download the TDM3.exe file from the following location:
    http://modeling.inside.quest.com/shares/modeling/sbin/download/tdm3_exe_with_log.zip (5 MB)

2. Extract the TDM3.exe file from the ZIP package.

3. Copy it to your TDM3 BIN directory.

4. Delete the Application.txc config file
Possible path: C:\Document and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Configs\Application.txc

5. Delete your existing TDM3 log.txt file form the BIN directory

Again, when you run TDM 3, a new file “TDM3 log.txt” will be created in the Bin folder. There, details on the error will be stored.

Please send us the log file after starting the application.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help!!!

Vaclav