Toad World® Forums

Error Viewing Tablespaces

Tried to look at tablespaces and got an internal error

v7.2.0 2014-12-05 12:01:40 Access violation at address 01C539F8 in module ‘sqlnavigator.exe’. Read of address 00000000

Where did you try to view Tablespaces? Does the error occur when you expand Tablespaces node in DB Navigator or when you click the drop down list in somewhere
else? Could you start SQL Tracker before you try to view Tablespaces and send me the captured SQLs after the error occurs?

Thanks,

Vincent

it was opening the node in the Navigator. How do I turn the sql tracker on?

SQL Tracker is under Tools menu. After it starts, please select sqlnavigator.exe in the list and press button “Start Monitoring”. And then you can try to repeat
your steps to reproduce the error. The background SQLs run by SQL Navigator will be captured. Please copy the output and paste it here.

Timestamp: 12/9/2014 11:07:11 AM

select count(rownum) from SYS.DBA_TABLESPACES

Describe Only

select f.tablespace_name, to_char(f.block_size) block_size, to_char(round(f.block_size/1024,2)) block_size_kb, decode(f.status,‘UNDEFINED’,1,‘ONLINE’,2,‘OFFLINE’,3, ‘INVALID’,4,‘READ ONLY’,5,0) status, decode(f.contents,‘PERMANENT’,1,‘TEMPORARY’,2,‘UNDO’,3,0) contents, decode(f.logging,‘NOLOGGING’,0,‘LOGGING’,1,2) logging, decode(f.extent_management, ‘DICTIONARY’, 0,‘LOCAL’,1,0) extent_management, decode(f.segment_space_management, ‘MANUAL’, 0,‘AUTO’,1,1) segment_space_management, to_char(f.initial_extent) initial_extent, to_char(round(f.initial_extent/1024,2)) initial_extent_kb, to_char(round(f.initial_extent/1048576,2)) initial_extent_mb, to_char(f.next_extent) next_extent, to_char(round(f.next_extent/1024,2)) next_extent_kb, to_char(round(f.next_extent/1048576,2)) next_extent_mb, to_char(f.min_extents) min_extents, to_char(f.max_extents) max_extents, to_char(f.pct_increase) pct_increase, to_char(f.min_extlen) min_extent_length, to_char(round(f.min_extlen/1024,2)) min_extent_length_kb, to_char(round(f.min_extlen/1048576,2)) min_extent_length_mb, decode(f.allocation_type, ‘UNDEFINED’, 0, ‘USER’, 1, ‘SYSTEM’, 2, ‘UNIFORM’, 3,0) allocation_type, decode(f.plugged_in,‘YES’,1,0) plugged_in,

decode(f.bigfile,‘YES’,1,0) bigfile, decode(t.flashback_on, ‘YES’, 0, ‘NO’, 1,0) flashback

from sys.dba_tablespaces f, v$tablespace t

where f.tablespace_name = t.name and f.tablespace_name like ‘%’

order by tablespace_name

Error occurred: [942] (ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

)

select f.tablespace_name, to_char(f.block_size) block_size, to_char(round(f.block_size/1024,2)) block_size_kb, decode(f.status,‘UNDEFINED’,1,‘ONLINE’,2,‘OFFLINE’,3, ‘INVALID’,4,‘READ ONLY’,5,0) status, decode(f.contents,‘PERMANENT’,1,‘TEMPORARY’,2,‘UNDO’,3,0) contents, decode(f.logging,‘NOLOGGING’,0,‘LOGGING’,1,2) logging, decode(f.extent_management, ‘DICTIONARY’, 0,‘LOCAL’,1,0) extent_management, decode(f.segment_space_management, ‘MANUAL’, 0,‘AUTO’,1,1) segment_space_management, to_char(f.initial_extent) initial_extent, to_char(round(f.initial_extent/1024,2)) initial_extent_kb, to_char(round(f.initial_extent/1048576,2)) initial_extent_mb, to_char(f.next_extent) next_extent, to_char(round(f.next_extent/1024,2)) next_extent_kb, to_char(round(f.next_extent/1048576,2)) next_extent_mb, to_char(f.min_extents) min_extents, to_char(f.max_extents) max_extents, to_char(f.pct_increase) pct_increase, to_char(f.min_extlen) min_extent_length, to_char(round(f.min_extlen/1024,2)) min_extent_length_kb, to_char(round(f.min_extlen/1048576,2)) min_extent_length_mb, decode(f.allocation_type, ‘UNDEFINED’, 0, ‘USER’, 1, ‘SYSTEM’, 2, ‘UNIFORM’, 3,0) allocation_type, decode(f.plugged_in,‘YES’,1,0) plugged_in,

decode(f.bigfile,‘YES’,1,0) bigfile, decode(t.flashback_on, ‘YES’, 0, ‘NO’, 1,0) flashback

from sys.dba_tablespaces f, v$tablespace t

where f.tablespace_name = t.name and f.tablespace_name like ‘%’

order by tablespace_name

Error occurred: [942] (ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

)

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the late response. We can identify the problem here is that the login user doesn’t have privilege to select v$tablespace. We will fix this in the
next beta. For now, would you mind to grant select on v$tablespace to the login user, so that you would be able to work with tablespaces?

Thanks,

Vincent

yeah, I’m not sure I can grant that to myself. I’ll haver to talk to the DBAs