Toad World® Forums

Error when trying to reverse engineering


#1

I trying to reverse engineer from an Oracle 9.2.0.5 database using TDM 3.3.7.22.

I am receiving the error shown in the attached image.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

thanks,

Alain Demers
TextFields.java (3.24 KB)


#2

Hello Alain,

We’d like to ask you the following questions:

  1. In step Tables in the RE Wizard, did you select any entity?
  2. Does the same problem occur in all connection methods? Please check it out - TCP/IP, Native and ADO with Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle.

Alain, we’d like to send you a modified package with much detailed log output. Please write us where we can send it to you. (Please write us your email address to: modeling@quest.com).

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team


#3

Hi,

the error mentionned in my previous post occurs when the connection method is TCP/IP. With Native, I am getting a similar error (see image attached). I didn’t try ADO.

I did select entity. I tried unchecking the box one by one and always getting the error.

I send you an email at modeling@quest.com.

Thanks,

Alain D.
error2_tdm3.jpeg


#4

Hello Alain,

Thanks very much. Please check out your email box for my message.


Info for other users:
We are investigating the issue. As soon as we come to a conclusion, I’ll post it here. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Vladka


#5

Hello all,

Just a quick update:
We are still dealing with this issue. Nevertheless, another customer has encountered this problem and managed to solve it this way:

“I had to 'grant select_catalog_role to ’ and had to select at least 1 entity to reverse engineer.”

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team