Toad World® Forums

Error while expanding table list

While expanding the table list for a SQL Server database, I’m running into a problem with a table with more than 4.5 billion rows. The specific error is:

SQL Server Database Error

Arithmetic overflow error converting expression datatype int

After the error, the table list fails to expand. I don’t have the same problem using Toad for SQL Server 6.5.0.3282.

Is there a way to convert the background query from int to bigint?

I am using TDP Beta 3.7.0.528 on Windows 7 x64.

To BrianInIndy:

Thank you for posting in Toad World and trying out our Beta!

I think we may require some additional information. Would you be able to reproduce the issue and then send us a Support Bundle?

How to create and post a Support Bundle

1. Launch Toad Data Point through the shortcut with the parameter /log=all.

2. Reproduce the issue and ensure the error message appears (If applicable).

3. Select Help -> Support Bundle

4. A new tab will appear. After it's done generating the bundle, Right-click the tab -> Save File to save the .zip file to any directory of your choosing.
    4step.png

5. Return to the Toad World thread and Post a Reply using Rich Formatting

6. Compose a message

7. Select the Options tab next to Compose, then click Click to Add to add the .zip support bundle
    7step.png

8. Post when you're ready.

We look forward to your data!

Software Developer I,
-Joshua Liong

Joshua,

Here is the support information for error replication with expanding the table list. I think it also picked up an error I’ve had when trying to change ODBC drivers for an existing connection as well.

BrianInIndy
ToadSupportBundleToad Data Point.zip (187 KB)

Hi BrianInIndy,

I’m sorry about the late response. We updated the way to get row count a while ago. This error no longer exists in the latest Beta. Thanks for reporting it.

Thanks,

Vincent