Toad World® Forums

Errors Importing TDM2 DMX Files

The following are some errors I encountered when opening a TDM2 .dmx file. Please see attached doc for screen shots.

1. The Sequences in the .dmx file produced “Unknown type of Text Object!” errors. These are the only errors produced in the output log. They are simple sequences. Example

CREATE SEQUENCE “REPORT_REPORT_ID_SEQ” INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 MINVALUE 1 CACHE 20
/

1. Then when I try to double click an entity, I get and “Error in packages” dialog. After I click OK I get the Entity Properties dialog.

2. When I try to adjust the layout of an entity or do Auto Layout. I get the “Error- List index out of bounds (-1)” error dialog (This may have already been reported)

Please see attached doc.

tdm_import_errors.doc (69.5 KB)

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Unfortunately, import of sequences and e.g. synonyms from TDM 2 has not been implemented yet. However, we’ve been dealing with this issue.
    CR # 32 346.

2. Yes, we know about this problem. However, unfortunately, we still haven’t found out what causes it.
    Could you please send us your .dmx model? It would help us a lot. Of course, it will be used for the testing purposes only.
    If you can send it to us, please send it to: modeling@quest.com.

For now, please try to resave your .dmx file as TDM 3 .txp file, close the model and open it again. It should help.

1. We suppose this problem relates to the problem 2.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Vladka & TDM Team

I have sent the model.

It does help to save as a .txp and then proceed.

Thanks very much!

Our developers are dealing with it. As soon as I have some news, I’ll get back to you.

Regards,

Vladka

Hello,

I’m bringing good news. - The problem (see the attachment) has been fixed for next BETA release. (Planned to be launched this week.)

Thank you for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka
tablespace_error.png