Toad World® Forums

excute tests on the command line

Hi,

I need some help running the test packages that I created in code tester from the command line (unix). I looked at the help doc but I was having trouble connecting …if someone could post the steps to use command line that would be great. Sorry, I am new at this kind of stuff. Mainly, I was having trouble connecting to the command line with the username and password for oracle.

Thanks in advance.

There are two command line interfaces:

1. The PL/SQL API: you construct and run PL/SQL blocks to run a report, a test, etc.

2. The EXE command line: you put together commands to run the Code Tester user interface.

I believe you are trying to do the latter. This actually runs the UI - which is a Delphi app for Windows. You cannot run this in unix. That is likely the cause of the problem.

What step do you want to perform via the UI command line?

SF

I just want to pick a simple test case and run it in unix… if you could just post the steps to how to start it that would be great.

Thank you.
Message was edited by: gen12

Message was edited by: gen12

You’d open a SQLPlus command-line session and spawn the pl/sql block steven described below…

Hey gen12,

The steps to do this are thoroughly documented in the Help:

How do I…
Run Code Tester from the Command Line
Run tests from a PL/SQL block

Please look this over and let me know if you have questions that are not answered for you.

Regards, Steven