Toad World® Forums

Export just header row

This may be there and I’m just missing it, but is there a way to make the save option available in the data grid even when there are no rows returned? I often need to produce a Excel import template for our business users which has all the column names on it. When there is data in the table, it works fine to do a query and save as Excel then remove the rows just leaving the header row. When it is an empty table, however, the Save icon is grayed out.

Hi Mark M

I have raised an enhancement request for this, PT37651035.
If we can fit it into our 7.0 schedule we will try and do this for you

regards
Lidia

Thanks Lidia. If it can make it, great. If not, no worries. We’ll catch it in 7.1 :-).

This appears to have made the cutoff as i can now export an empty table to get the headers only. Thanks!

I have migrated from Toad 9.x to Toad 11.5. What is stated above is exactly what I’m looking for. I was able with previous version but can’t find out how to do with current Toad version.

I have changed a bunch of checkbox in Toad Options / Data Grid / Visual but no luck !

I often get empty rows ( expected ) but need to export dataset with columns header. The Export dataset is grayed out when I right-click on the data grid to get all options.

Any help will be appreciated.

Rgds. Guy.

Hi Guy,

Welcome to Toad World. I suggest you post your question above on Toad for Oracle forum: www.toadworld.com/…/10.aspx. The right person will give you proper answer there quickly.

Thanks,

Vincent