Toad World® Forums

Export to Excel instance

Hi,
2 issues related to export:
a. When exporting my Excel’s instance becomes hidden [however Excel process is still active]. It’s looked like Excel [and whole export] had been crashed, but after few* seconds Excel has reappeared.

• depending on result size. It looks like query is run again!?

b. There is a problem when exporting dates. Date 2013-04-02 15:12:20 has been exported as 413666335648148. Manual changing of filed format do not affects.

Butter

Butter,

I was not able to reproduce the issues you reported. I tried beta build 1248 and export some data from Oracle920 instance to Excel instance. I have Excel 2010 installed. Could you please give us more details to reproduce the issues?

Thanks!

Kiki,
I’ve put video with this case here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Hm--jqFyTUY1kwdElTV09STE0/edit?usp=sharing

in second case - I’ve exported result of this query
select sysdate a, to_char(sysdate, ‘yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss’ )b, current_timestamp c
from dual;
then attached result to this post.

Butter
export.xlsx (9.38 KB)

Butter,

Thanks for the video. I was able to reproduce it now. However, this is protection machenism during writing data to the Excel file. I don’t think we can do anything with it.
On the other hand, I still cannot reproduce the second issue, I downloaded the file and tried exporting the query result to it, the date data was written fine. What buidl are you using, what Oracle server are you connecting to?

Kiki,
at 1st issue - please add at least some warning. First time I used this feature I stared to search why excel crashed. Excel reappeared after ~15 sec. [it looked like whole data has been retrieved again from server]

at 2dn case: build - 3.3.0.1168, Oracle: Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

Butter