Toad World® Forums

Format tab size

This may be a little hard to describe, so let me know if I need to send screenshots. In the Format Options, change the Output Tabs (under /Spacing /Tabs) to Tab size = 3, and select Insert spaces.

Format the following code: SELECT a.dummy a1, b.dummy b1 FROM DUAL a, DUAL b Where 1=1

It formats correctly, (as per my settings):

SELECT a.dummy a1,
b.dummy b1
FROM DUAL a,
DUAL b
WHERE 1 = 1

Now, go back to the Format Options, Output Tabs, keep the Tab size = 3, and change it to Insert tabs.

Format the same code. It now looks like this:

SELECT a.dummy a1,
b.dummy b1
FROM DUAL a,
DUAL b
WHERE 1 = 1

The tabs are actually 4 spaces wide.

Thanks.

-Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I adjusted my formatter options to get a output like your first result, but then I changed to Insert Tabs and it still looks fine:

fmt_tabs.jpeg

Could you also try to trun on “Show Tabs/Spaces/Eol” from code editor right click -> Edit? So that we can see how many spaces a tab takes.

If would great if you can send us the formatter options file from %appdate%\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.0.0 beta\ (defaultly FmtOptions.xml). We will try to figure out what causes this inconsistency.

Thanks,
Vincent

I think I know what happened. My SQL Nav was set to the default format options (which I think has a tab size of 4). I change it to mine (which has a tab size of 3), then started doing work. Then I noticed the abnormality, and posted it. Now that I have re-booted and all, it looks like everything works fine. So somehow the tab size does not get reset when you change the options file (open a new file) - until you re-start SQL Nav.

Thanks.

-Charlie