Toad World® Forums

FW: Switching from one editor session to another causes Toad-SS Beta to fault [1 Attachment]


#1

[ Attachment(s) from Hank_Freeman included below]

Switching between two different editor session cause Toad-SS to fail…

Hank Freeman
Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect
hfreeman@msn.com
678-414-0090 my cell Primary

<> Product not stable on Windows
XP deskstop system faults on simple process of switching between editor
sessions.


#2

Hank,

This is continue of my just sent email. We aware about this issue and it is not
related to switching between editors but in some memory issues in Toad as a
whole. We are working on this.

Thanks for reporting.

regards,

Alexander Maximov


#3

Thanks, the file sizes in question are less than 20 rows.

Hank Freeman

Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect

hfreeman@msn.com

678-414-0090 my cell Primary
image002.jpeg


#4

Thanks, the file sizes in question are less than 20 rows.

Hank Freeman

Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect

hfreeman@msn.com

678-414-0090 my cell Primary
image001.gif


#5

Ok I see. Thanks.

regards,

Alexander Maximov
image002.jpeg


#6

Ok I see. Thanks.

regards,

Alexander Maximov
image001.gif


#7

BTW,

Does anyone else have such kind of memory issues on his/her daily work with
current beta?

regards,

Alexander Maximov
image001.gif


#8

BTW,

Does anyone else have such kind of memory issues on his/her daily work with
current beta?

regards,

Alexander Maximov
image002.jpeg


#9

Alex, I reported way back that this may be related primarily to Windows XP, but
I am getting the same on Windows 7-64 as well.

Hank Freeman

Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect

hfreeman@msn.com

678-414-0090 my cell Primary
image002.jpeg


#10

Alex, I reported way back that this may be related primarily to Windows XP, but
I am getting the same on Windows 7-64 as well.

Hank Freeman

Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect

hfreeman@msn.com

678-414-0090 my cell Primary
image001.gif


#11

Alex,

Hopefully this will help

I am select, updating and sometimes inserting into tables, where I use alias as
well as fully qualified database names.

Such as these examples I have attached.

I am also performing all manner of updates across linked servers.

(I have sent the attached files in a separate email)))

Here is a small example

update f1

set f1.DoNotCall = 1

, f1.DoNotCallEffectiveDate =

cast ( substring (f2.EffectiveDate, 5 , 2 ) + ‘/’ +

substring (f2.EffectiveDate, 7 , 2 ) + ‘/’ +

substring (f2.EffectiveDate, 1 , 4 ) as datetime)

from

RE_Admin.dbo.Prospectlist f1 (UPDLOCK)

, RE_Admin.dbo.RE_DoNotCall_2 f2 (NOLOCK)

where

f1.DoNotCall != 1

Hank Freeman

Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect

hfreeman@msn.com

678-414-0090 my cell Primary
image001.gif


#12

Alex,

Hopefully this will help

I am select, updating and sometimes inserting into tables, where I use alias as
well as fully qualified database names.

Such as these examples I have attached.

I am also performing all manner of updates across linked servers.

(I have sent the attached files in a separate email)))

Here is a small example

update f1

set f1.DoNotCall = 1

, f1.DoNotCallEffectiveDate =

cast ( substring (f2.EffectiveDate, 5 , 2 ) + ‘/’ +

substring (f2.EffectiveDate, 7 , 2 ) + ‘/’ +

substring (f2.EffectiveDate, 1 , 4 ) as datetime)

from

RE_Admin.dbo.Prospectlist f1 (UPDLOCK)

, RE_Admin.dbo.RE_DoNotCall_2 f2 (NOLOCK)

where

f1.DoNotCall != 1

Hank Freeman

Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect

hfreeman@msn.com

678-414-0090 my cell Primary
image002.jpeg