Toad World® Forums

Get BETA Support

If you need to ask any questions on BETA, have any suggestions, ideas, recommendations etc., please contact our Development team:

Do NOT contact Quest Support team. Thanks!

Enjoy exploring TDM BETA! :slight_smile:

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka

Afternoon all,

Ok, here are a few bugs (!) and feature requests for TDM Beta 3 :

BUG - select a number of entities and click the align button. Choose bottom (with or without the ‘most distant’ checkbox ticked) and all selected entities get aligned slap bang in the middle of the page and not where they were. Align | top is ok and works as expected.

BUG - when reverse engineering, when I click on the FINISH button to do the deed, please display an hourglass cursor. I can see the log prompts scrolling up, but I prefer to see that hourglass.

BUG/FEATURE - I really don’t like the CANCEL button on reverse engineering. I find myself avoinding it and [re-]clicking the FINISH button after an RE. This is a problem because I end up reverse engineering again. I suggest that FINISH be disabled once completed and/or CANCEL changes to DONE when the RE has completed.

FEATURE - Right click on a workspace tab should offer a context menu to rename the tab.

FEATURE - it would be nice to have movable guide lines on a page. You know the kind, similar to garphics editing where I can drag a guide line down from the top or in from the left and (optionally) have my entities snap to the guides.

FEATURE - I mentioned this in a previous version, but here it is again - When one or more entities (or relationships) are seleceted a nudge with the arrow keys should move the selected ‘objects’ one pixel in the appropriate direction, with SHIFT it should be 5 (or similar) and so on.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

PS. I forgot this one :

FEATURE - when I have a number o fentities selected, I should be able to see the ‘align’ option on the right-click context menu please.

Beta 3 is looking pretty good so far.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Hello Norm,

Thanks for your feedback! Let me reply and make some comments.

1. BUG - select a number of entities and click the align button…all selected entities get aligned slap bang in the middle of the page and not where they were. Align | top is ok and works as expected.

I’ve checked it out and it works properly for me. Let me explain that it depends on what entity you select as the first. If you select an entity in the middle of the page first, all other selected entities will be aligned at the bottom (top…) of this entity - so they will be align in the middle of the page.
If you think I’ve misunderstood the issue, please write me back. Thanks.

1. BUG - RE FINISH button.

Yes. As mentioned in the RE flash movie, changes in the RE dialog are planned. Anyway, your request has CR # 27 734.

1. BUG/FEATURE - I really don’t like the CANCEL button on reverse engineering.

Yes, see my reply above. This request CR # is 27 735.

1. FEATURE - Right click on a workspace tab should offer a context menu to rename the tab.

Thanks! CR # 27 736.

1. FEATURE - it would be nice to have movable guide lines on a page.

CR # 27 737.

1. FEATURE - …arrow keys should move the selected ‘objects’ one pixel…

Yes, this has already been entered under CR # 20 438.

1. FEATURE - when I have a number of entities selected, I should be able to see the ‘align’ option on the right-click context menu please.

CR # 27 738.

Norm, thanks very much for all your suggestions. If you’re not sure what the CR numbers mean, please read my following post:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2563&tstart=0

Thanks again.

Vladka

Hi,

A quick note for those who like to post new bugs and their own requests: Please, post a new thread. (Do not write new topics to this ‘Get Beta Support’ informative thread.)

Thanks!

Vladka

Hi all,

Here I’m with an update to the first bug that Norm has reported:

1. BUG - select a number of entities and click the align button…all selected entities get aligned slap bang in the middle of the page and not where they were.

With the great help of Norm, we’ve found out there is some trouble. We need some time to find what causes it.
It’s definitely a bug and the CR # is 27 758.

Thanks!

Vladka

Hi Norm,

Here I’m with an update to your request:
FEATURE - Right click on a workspace tab should offer a context menu to rename the tab. (CR # 27 736)

Let me inform you that this request has been assigned the Low Priority status. So, please do not expect it to be in the nearest releases. Thanks!

At the moment there are several ways how to rename a Workspace:

• In the Application View

• In Model Explorer
    -> Select a WS and press F2 or click the name, wait a while and click it again.

• Select a WS in the Application Window. | Right-click the work area. | Select Workspace Format. | Change its name in the Name text box.

For the time being, please use any of these options. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Vladka