Getting error 'Cannot convert 'unlimited' to a numeric'

HI,

I am using SAP IQ 16.0.110.250/10526/P/sp11.10 on linux and Toad for SAP, 3.1.0.bugs.1109. When trying to connect to one multiplex instance getting above error.

It used to work, suddenly I am getting an error. When looking from IQ side, I see that connection is open, but Toad is ‘not aware of it’ (cannot run any query on server).

Any idea what may be the problem here?

Hi,

At first I would like to ask if you can try it with some of our latest version. We have released 3.2 version or you can try it with latest Beta build. I am not sure what exactly should be wrong but it sounds to me like problem with number of connections. Do you know what type of license on IQ server do you have and if it is possible there should be some problems like this?

You can check your connection information by these commands: sp_iqwho and sp_iqconnection

Filip

HI,

When I look inside IQ instance, I see that connection is created by TOAD, but TOAD is not aware of it, cannot run any query from it. Every time I try to connect, I get the same error and every time new connection is created within IQ instance.

I can connect to different instances, but cannot connect to any instance in this multiplex, always the same error. Also, I see we are not out of connections, I can connect to this instance using sql or dbisql or DbArtisan.

Also, I see that the other users can connect using Toad. This problem started suddenly, I was able to connect to the same instance without any issue.

Is it possible to get more details about error?

Thanks

Hi,

thanks for more details. Seems you are right and this problem is more relating to your instance on multiplex. We will try to setup our own and take a try. But at first we can try several things.

At first you can enable Execution Trace to Output in Tools. You should be able see all SQLs which we are run during connection. Can you send me these? We are looking for SQL which contain numeric field and from some reason has different datatype then we expected.

As a second thing which I would like to ask is if you can send me ExeptionTrace.log. You can find it through our About dialog (menu Help - About - Application Data Directory).

Thanks

Filip

Here are exceptions from today:

New exception: 6/29/2018 9:12:18 AM

Quest.Toad.Exceptions.DatabaseException: Cannot convert ‘unlimited’ to a numeric

Stack trace:

at Quest.Toad.SAP.SybaseConnection.OpenConnection(IDbConnection connection)
at Quest.Toad.Db.Connection.AllocConnection()
at Quest.Toad.Db.Connection.Connect(Boolean notify)
at Quest.Toad.Db.Provider.BackgroundConnector.CreateBackgroundConnection()

New exception: 6/29/2018 9:12:18 AM

Quest.Toad.Exceptions.DatabaseException: Cannot convert ‘unlimited’ to a numeric

Stack trace:

New exception: 6/29/2018 9:12:58 AM

Stack trace:

New exception: 6/29/2018 9:12:58 AM

Stack trace:

HI,

We have solved this issue. It was related to password policy password_grace_time set to unlimited, changing it to 0 has solved the issue.