Toad World® Forums

GUI - On Selecting option, the toolbars disappear

1. When we go to Setting >options and then closing the options window the toolbars disappear.
  2. Also when we start the program with no model selected the software show all grey screen… doesnt look all that great.
  3. Also not happy with the loading time…

Hello,

• Please see the View menu | Toolbars and check out what toolbars are enabled.

Also when we start the program with no model selected the software show all grey screen… doesnt look all that great.

I can imagine this situation if toolbars are disabled, all dialogs and panes (including Message Explorer and Application View) are closed and the Application Window is empty.

Let me note that if no model is open - no Workspace, no Designer, no Model Explorer, the Application Window is empty and icons for modeling are not available in the toolbar either. - This is a standard behaviour. You have to open a model WS to enable the modeling options.

In any case, here’s my suggestion. Please delete TDM.txe file before you open TDM3 next time. TDM.txe is a file where the changed default layout of TDM3 is stored. By default, it is at the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Configs.
Delete the file and run TDM3 again. Default layout will be loaded.

Please let me know the result.
Thanks.

1. Also not happy with the loading time…
    Yes, we know and are working very hard on the optimization. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Vladka

As a followup to issue 2, I have run into the following.

I have two data models open in TDM. I use the File->Close Model option to close the model I’m working on. The model closes, the other model’s tab is highlighted/selected, but all of my menu options related to the model disappear. When I select in the model workspace or the tab, then the options show up again.

Hello Dillie-O,

Thanks for this notification. We’ve found out that It behaves this way only in Windows XP theme. We will deal with it. CR # 47 044.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team