Toad World® Forums

highlight problem

Hi

I’m not sure if this was already reported in this build

create table aasdasfdsdsfadsfdsafdsafasdfdsafdsafsdafdsafdsafsdafsdafsdafdsafsdaf

Gives error as expected; if you click in the proposed table_name you are not able to see if (line is yellowish and the text color is also yellowish?)

Thanks
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

What’s the syntax highlighting style you select in Preferences? Do you mean you click in the middle of the long table name in code editor? I tried that. The background of current line appeared light yellow but the text was still black and it looked normal.

Do I miss anything?

Thanks,
Vincent

Hi Vincent

I do not know why but aparently I was using a custom (maybe due to the updates?).
I tried with Classic (& the others) and it worked.

Shouldn’t the syntax color chooser not allow to have FG and BG equal?

Thanks
Filipe

Hi again

It there anyway to “export” the pallet soo I could send it to you? the custom color preferences windows should be bigger (or resizable) soo we could see al the code .
I still have the color issue (I think SQL nav didn’t save my previous “standard” selection)

Thanks
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

– You can use the Save button to export all preferences and that will include the color settings.

– There’s no restriction to user when setting background and forceground colors. I think we’d better leave it to the user.

– I will raise an enhancement request to make the color preferences windows bigger and resizable.

– We will investigate and test more on the color settings to see whether it misses anything.

Thanks,
Vincent

Hi

Here are the preferences I use.
I could not find the color preferences that makes the problem araise, but I hope that with this file you can reproduze the problem.

Thanks again
Filipe
Filipe.pref (6.22 KB)