How to change information block of schema SQL scripts?

Hi,

I wonder, if it’s possible to change the starting creating information of create/drop schema scripts.

The default is for example this:

— SNIP —
/*
Created: 27.01.2010
Modified: 17.01.2011
Model: MyModelName
Database: MS SQL Server 2005
*/

– Drop relationships section -------------------------------------------------

— SNAP —

The problem is, if I try to run the script, so the “/" up to "/” is invalid SQL. But the information is a good hint to ensure I use the correct script.

So I would prefere to change this information block to something like this:
— SNIP —
– Created: 27.01.2010
– Modified: 17.01.2011
– Model: MyModelName
– Database: MS SQL Server 2005

– Drop relationships section -------------------------------------------------

— SNAP —

Is there any chance to do this?

Message was edited by: Berthold

Program files\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler 3\Packages\System\Generations*.txg!?

Message was edited by: AndreasL

Thanks a lot.

The problem is, in all (my) generators it’s the same hardcoded script:
— SNIP —
function BeforeGeneration()
{
var text = “”;

text = “/" + “\r\n”
+ “Created: " + Instance.Model.ModelTitle.CreatedDateAsText + “\r\n”
+ “Modified: " + Instance.Model.ModelTitle.ModifiedDateAsText + “\r\n”
+ ((Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Project != “”)?(“Project: " + Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Project + “\r\n”):””)
+ ((Instance.Model.ModelTitle.ModelName != “”)?(“Model: " + Instance.Model.ModelTitle.ModelName + “\r\n”):””)
+ ((Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Company != “”)?(“Company: " + Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Company + “\r\n”):”")
+ ((Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Author != “”)?(“Author: " + Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Author + “\r\n”):”")
+ ((Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Version != “”)?(“Version: " + Instance.Model.ModelTitle.Version + “\r\n”):”")
+ "Database: " + Instance.Model.ModelDef.Name + “\r\n”
+ "
/” + “\r\n”;
— SNAP —

Perhaps this could be configurable or better choose to the behavior of each database. MySQL supports “/* … */”. Oracle does not.

Hi,

you can change terminator character on tab Detail Settings of the DDL Script Generation dialog, but it really doesn’t affect the header, only code below the header.
I will create new change request for this.

Regards,

Vaclav