Toad World® Forums

How to change model name?

How does one change the model name? I saved the model, expecting the file name would become the new model name. However the model name (in the application view, model explorer, etc. ) still remains Oracle 10g and I can’t see where to change that. Thanks…

Hi

I found out that, On application explorer, click on the model you want to change the name and then Press F2 to rename it, another way to change the name is, mouse click on the model on application explorer then click on the model again, it will allow you change the name of the model.

Please forgive me, if i mis-understand your question

Chi

That did it… thansks!

Hello,

A little explanation and information on this:

How does one change the model name? I saved the model, expecting the file name would become the new model name.

• New models are always named after the database they have been created for. You can change the name in the Application View or Model Explorer (press F2).

• Database Name - A database for which the model has been created (e.g. Oracle 10g). The database name information can be found at the bottom of the Application Window, or is displayed in the pop-up hint when you point your mouse cursor at the Model Name in the Application View or Model Explorer.

• Model Name - A model can be saved to more files. In TDM, Model Name should be understood as a title of a document that can be saved to several files of a different name.

• File Name - A name of file where the model is saved. File Name is defined after you select Save Model or Save Model as.

So, this was a bit of additional information on this topic.

Regards,

Vladka