how to search by "Plan hash value"?

Hi,

when u have, let’s say, 200 scenarios, then you need to search quickly amount them.

for instance tuning task find something and shows better plan, but there you see only plan and hint…and would like to find real query, if is existing in SQL optimizer.

also, ask yourself…how do you manage 200 scenarios? how to reference them later or in any analyze?

Only by plan value!

So please, place that value in Grid and allow to be at least sort by column, if search is not possible.

Brg

Damir

To place a column to grid for plan value, which is simple. However, we think it can be more than that. If you can show us a user case, it will be very helpful to make a completely feature design. Please provide a detail about how would you like to use the “Plan Hash Value”.

Thanks,

Tony Ng

1. put a column in a grid

2. allow to be sorted and search by this column.

Brg,**
________________________**

Damir Vadas
http://damir-vadas.blogspot.com

Life begins after the 50's - until then it's just a research!
Život počinje poslije 50-te-sve do onda je samo istraživanje!

Razmislite o čuvanju okoliša prije nego odštampate ovaj e-mail
Please consider the environment before printing this email

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 6:16 AM, TonyNg bounce-TonyNg@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: how to search by "Plan hash value"?

Reply by TonyNg
To place a column to grid for plan value, which is simple. However, we think it can be more than that. If you can show us a user case, it will be very helpful to make a completely feature design. Please provide a detail about how would you like to use the “Plan Hash Value”.

Thanks,

Tony Ng

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from SQL Optimizer for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

SQL Optimizer for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

serach can be assigned with "Ctrl+F" on header of column or right clik on column (anywhere in the grid)...Similar like Toad has

Brg,**

Damir Vadas

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 8:02 AM, Damir Vadas damir.vadas@gmail.com wrote:

1. put a column in a grid
  1. allow to be sorted and search by this column.

Brg,**

Damir Vadas

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 6:16 AM, TonyNg bounce-TonyNg@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: how to search by "Plan hash value"?

Reply by TonyNg

Thanks,

Tony Ng

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from SQL Optimizer for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

SQL Optimizer for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

From our last conversation, we talk about how would you like to use/apply the “Plan Hash Value” in usage. We are more interest on providing a complete function rather than a searching or sorting from grid. For example, if the final purpose of Plan Hash Value searching which is for found SQL ID and statistics from SGA, we prefer to give provide a link up function to SGA directly, rather than a sort cut searching key in grid.

Back to the question, how would you like to use the “Plan Hash Value”?

Thanks,

Tony Ng

Hi,

Thx for feedback.

Back to the question, how would you like to use the “Plan Hash Value”?

Imagine you have 100 of rewrites.

You have implement one for testing.

Later you want to come and see (by hash_plan_value) which query is that...and you cannot...sou you have to go one by one to see value in explain plain area...and i would like to have that value in grid...for easier reference..

Plan Hash Value is a key for Oracle to link up tables, however, the key doesn’t contain any information to help analysis the explain plan. You may have your own interest. I guess you would like to find a SQL from the list of alternatives with a plan hash value.

Most of users are only concern on what the information collected from Plan Hash Value. They may not happy to see any a key such as SQLID or Plan hash value show at the grid. There are already a number of comments from customers about too much data at UI.

As we have this concerns, we can’t promise on adding a column for plan hash value in grid. How if a searching function for explain plan with various items such as range of plan cost, IO, or even plan hash value? Please understand we have to consider the ways of usage for most customers. I hope it can meet you request as well.

Thanks,

Tony Ng

You do not understand mine words.

PLAN_HASH_VALUE is important to many customers!

Imagine situation

You have plan change in history where PLAN1 was and now is PLAN2 active.

You know PLAN1 value but you do not know which query (hint was that)!

SQL Optimizer generate 100 rewrites and now you have to go one by one to find this PLAN1 because you are searching for it.

However, please enable at least some exports where PLAN_HASH_VALUE is connected to each rewrite...it is a hell to search manually!??

I get a bit confuse. We are willing to provide a searching function at plan hash value for locating an alternative SQL, but it seems you require more than that. The method and interface of this searching function may not exactly equal to your description, but it should cover this case.

Thanks,

Tony Ng

We are willing to provide a searching function at plan hash value
This is what I want, at least.

According this thought it would be easy to put in result grid, so when exporting data (after running test) we will be able to find it in exported file (Excel).

So what is now to hear what is confusing you in mine suggestion, which I elaborate deeply and fully, as best I could with mine English.
:slight_smile:

Saving the plan hash value in export file is another thing we consider. Anyways, I am creating a case and record down this story for our team and PM to review and discuss.

Thanks,

Tony Ng

Live scenario:

1. saved tune task in file.
  2. Later opened and need to see which query is now active (plan has been change)
  3. know the plan but it is hard to find query text
  4. Why this simple column not show in grid for faster reference.

I will mark your scenarios to the case.

Thanks,

Tony Ng