Toad World® Forums

How to Sort Entity Attributes in Designer?

Hi

how do i sort the Attributes in an Entity? Not in the physical model explorer… in the designer
using 3.0.6.164

Regards

Tobias

Hello Tobias,

Click appropriate column on the Attributes tab (Entity Properties form). E.g. If you like to sort them by name, simply click the Name column.

If I’ve misunderstood your question, please write me back. Thanks.

Vladka

Hello vladka,

i mean how do i sort the entity view in the design modeler… shown in entity_expenses.jpeg

Regards

Tobias
entity_expenses.jpeg

I see. (Sorry, now I can see your question was quite clear. )

The attributes as you see them in entity box in the Designer are sorted the way you sort them in the Entity Properties form (via the green arrows).

Generally, in the Entity Properties form, there are two ways how to sort attributes:

1. Manual - using the green arrows. The order you will set on the Attributes tab | Entity Prop. form will be applied in the Designer.
    (Please see an example of the Film entity in the attachment. Image 1 - Attribute order before I clicked Apply. Image 2 - Attribute order after I clicked Apply. )

2. Automatic - clicking the appropriate column name. This function allows you to sort attributes only in the Entity Properties form.

If you have any questions, please write me back.
Thanks.

Vladka

I see. (Sorry, now I can see your question was quite clear. )

The attributes as you see them in entity box in the Designer are sorted the way you sort them in the Entity Properties form (via the green arrows).

Generally, in the Entity Properties form, there are two ways how to sort attributes:

1. Manual - using the green arrows. The order you will set on the Attributes tab | Entity Prop. form will be applied in the Designer.
    (Please see an example of the Film entity in the attachment. Image 1 - Attribute order before I clicked Apply. Image 2 - Attribute order after I clicked Apply. )

2. Automatic - clicking the appropriate column name. This function allows you to sort attributes only in the Entity Properties form.

If you have any questions, please write me back.
Thanks.

Vladka

Hi

thanks for helping me out.

at first i could not use the “green” arrow. but i realised that the automatic sort function was “on”.
i disabled it (marked in entity_expenses_sort02.jpeg)

and now i could manually sort the attributes :slight_smile:

but how could i sort all attributes automaticly? because when i use the column name nothing happens in the designer because there is no apply button…

Regards

Tobias

Hi,

at first i could not use the “green” arrow

A hint with advice what to do should appear when you point your mouse cursor at any of the disabled buttons.

because when i use the column name nothing happens in the designer because there is no apply button…

As I’ve written, the automatic function works only in the Entity Properties form ("… allows you to sort attributes only in the Entity Properties form").
The change is not applied in the Designer.

Vladka

Hello Vladka,

A hint do you mean a tooltip?
Does not arise… “only” on a symbolbar

Is it possible to implement a automatic sort funktion for all entites attributes for a model… maybe set through “workspace format” tab entity "sort attributes alphabetically acending|descending

Regards,

Tobias

Hello Tobias,

A hint do you mean a tooltip?

Well, I mean this: when you click an attribute and both green arrows remain disabled, it means that you sort attributes automatically. Now if you point your mouse cursor at any of the green arrows, a hint will pop-up:

“To change order of attributes, turn off the Sorting function (click the heading of the first column in the grid).”

Note: As I can see, the message is not localized properly in 3.0.6 version. We will fix it immediately.

Is it possible to implement an automatic sort funktion for all entites attributes for a model…

We will consider your suggestion. CR # 35 794. Thanks.

Current solution: I’m afraid you need to sort the attibutes manually via the green arrows and finally click Apply.

If you have any questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Quick update:

“To change order of attributes, turn off the Sorting function (click the heading of the first column in the grid).” - Note: As I can see, the message is not localized properly in 3.0.6 version. We will fix it immediately.

This has already been fixed in BETA 3.0.7:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=3357&tstart=0

Vladka

Hello Vladka,

no the hint rise :slight_smile: but only if the automatic sort function is enabled (entity_expenses_no_atomatic_sort_no_tooltip.jpeg)

Regards,

Tobias