Toad World® Forums

How to SQL Optimizer update?

SQL Optimizer 9.2.0 x64 on Win7

I have license which allows me to make some updates.

When I Open SQL Optimizer I get:

When I click "Yes" I get this (look the opened file is local)...and no way to get where is the update???

What to do to make update possible?

Brg

Damir

Hi Damir,

Thank you for reporting the problem. It seems like the function to automatically check for update has some issues. I will file a request to fix this problem.

In the meantime, you can download latest software under the www.quest.com. Go under Support | Download Software, then enter a name to search for the latest version of a product. For SQL Optimizer for Oracle, this is the link for you: https://support.quest.com/sql-optimizer-for-oracle/9.2.2/download-new-releases

Thanks,
Alex

maybe it is mine firewall…but then you should show some error message, right?

and this…

ink for you: https://support.quest.com/sql-optimizer-for-oracle/9.2.2/download-new-releases

is a feature when you have active maintainance.

I have trial license and inactive license, so this links does not helps me.

maybe someone should rethink: How to get klatest version of partial product in Trail mode (when this is allowed).

:slight_smile:

Hi Damir,

I will have Support post a Trial version of SQL Optimizer for Oracle 9.2.2 (MSI installer) on a public FTP site and send you the link when it’s done. The reason we don’t have SQL Optimizer downloadable separately is because we package it with Toad for Oracle Xpert, so we want to make sure customers get the latest versions of both products at the same time.

Thanks,

John

—duplicate

Hi,

Thx John for your involvement.

>The reason we don’t have SQL Optimizer downloadable separately is because we package it with Toad for Oracle Xpert, so we want to make sure customers get the latest versions of both products at the same time.

I do not think so. here is mine experience from today.

Just this morning, asked for new trial license, get WEB exe downloader downloaded the package and inside it it was SQL Optimizer 9.2.1-and this is not the latest one (9.2.2.).
Any comment?

Brg

Damir

The web installer download you have will likely be for Toad for Oracle Suites 2016 which includes Toad 12.10 and SQL Optimizer 9.2.1.

We will be releasing a new version this Thursday (13th July) which will have Toad for Oracle 12.11 and SQL Optimizer 9.2.2.

Thanks,

John

so small conclusion.

• Trail license can be updated only by assistance PM
  • Valid license whose maintenance has expired, cannot make any update (active maintenance can update of course)
  • The only way to get latest release is to wait for whole bundle release-what implify that trial are not so easy updatable.
    Right?
    Brg
    Damir

Trail license can be updated only by assistance PM

The Trial products on quest.com are for the current versions of the product, so you download these without any assistance.

Valid license whose maintenance has expired, cannot make any update (active maintenance can update of course)

Correct - if you want the latest version of the commercial software, which you download from our Support portal, you must have a current maintenance contract

The only reason the commercial version of SQL Optimizer for Oracle 9.2.2 is on the Support portal is it’s available as an add-on to our Foglight product (which does not offer a trial).

The only way to get latest release is to wait for whole bundle release-what implify that trial are not so easy updatable

Correct, once we have release Toad for Oracle Editions 2017, you will be able to download a Trial version of Toad Xpert from quest.com and get the trial version of SQL Optimizer 9.2.2.

As soon as I get notified that a standalone trial version of SQL Optimizer 9.2.2 is available via FTP, I will let you know.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,

John

Such an easy explanation I three sentences. Maybe to out somewhere in documentation or resend to any local sellers who may not be so informed as well. Thx case closed

Damir (sent from OnePlus 3T)

On Jul 11, 2017 14:33, “John Pocknell” bounce-John_Pocknell@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: How to SQL Optimizer update?

Reply by John Pocknell
Trail license can be updated only by assistance PM

The Trial products on quest.com are for the current versions of the product, so you download these without any assistance.

Valid license whose maintenance has expired, cannot make any update (active maintenance can update of course)

Correct - if you want the latest version of the commercial software, which you download from our Support portal, you must have a current maintenance contract

The only reason the commercial version of SQL Optimizer for Oracle 9.2.2 is on the Support portal is it’s available as an add-on to our Foglight product (which does not offer a trial).

The only way to get latest release is to wait for whole bundle release-what implify that trial are not so easy updatable

Correct, once we have release Toad for Oracle Editions 2017, you will be able to download a Trial version of Toad Xpert from quest.com and get the trial version of SQL Optimizer 9.2.2.

As soon as I get notified that a standalone trial version of SQL Optimizer 9.2.2 is available via FTP, I will let you know.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,

John

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from SQL Optimizer for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

SQL Optimizer for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.