Toad World® Forums

I Pithed The TOAD :-(

Tried to run a report with images. I clicked on HTML View. TOAD complained that it was too big. Then it crashed.

It gave me this message about 10 times:

System.OutOfMemoryException
Out of memory.
Stack Trace:
at System.Drawing.Image.FromHbitmap(IntPtr hbitmap, IntPtr hpalette)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromHbitmap(IntPtr hbitmap)
at System.Windows.Forms.ImageList.GetBitmap(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.ImageList.ImageCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at DevExpress.Utils.ImageCollection.GetImageListImage(Object images, Int32 index)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarLinkViewInfo.GetLinkImageCore(BarLinkState state)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarLinkViewInfo.GetLinkImage(BarLinkState state)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarLinkViewInfo.GetLinkImageCore(BarLinkState state)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarLinkViewInfo.GetLinkImage(BarLinkState state)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkPainter.DrawLinkImageCore(BarLinkPaintArgs e, Rectangle r, BarLinkState state, ImageAttributes attr)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkPainter.DrawLinkDisabledGlyph(BarLinkPaintArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkPainter.DrawLinkNormalGlyph(BarLinkPaintArgs e, Boolean lighter)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkPainter.DrawLinkNormal(BarLinkPaintArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkPainter.DrawLinkHorizontal(BarLinkPaintArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarBaseButtonLinkPainter.DrawLinkHorizontal(BarLinkPaintArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkPainter.DrawLink(BarLinkPaintArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkPainter.Draw(GraphicsInfoArgs e, CustomViewInfo info, Object sourceInfo)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarLinkObjectPainter.DrawObject(ObjectInfoArgs e)
at DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.ObjectPainter.DrawObject(GraphicsCache cache, ObjectPainter painter, ObjectInfoArgs e)
at DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.Animation.XtraAnimator.DrawAnimationHelper(GraphicsCache cache, ISupportXtraAnimation obj, Object animationId, ObjectPainter painter, ObjectInfoArgs info, ObjectPainter textPainter, ObjectInfoArgs textInfo)
at DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.Animation.XtraAnimator.DrawAnimationHelper(GraphicsCache cache, ISupportXtraAnimation obj, Object animationId, ObjectPainter painter, ObjectInfoArgs info, DrawTextInvoker drawTextMethod, Object textInfo)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarPainter.DrawLink(GraphicsInfoArgs e, BarControlViewInfo viewInfo, BarLinkViewInfo item)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.BarPainter.Draw(GraphicsInfoArgs e, CustomViewInfo info, Object sourceInfo)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomControl.DirectDraw(PaintEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomBarControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.DockedBarControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I should mention that the attached picture is actually what I am seeing in TOAD. Complete with the white boxes with red lines.

Seems your report is pretty big. Just to understand what the data (and report you are trying to get) looks like, images?

Around 3400 imgaes. I also cannot print it. I tried to just print from the preview, and it also blew up. The print preview says that it is 759 pages.

Just curious - do you really expect toad should cope with this??? :slight_smile:

If serious - from call stack I do see the problem on DevExpress side (our vendor for controls), so I’m afraid we can do not so much in this case… Probably try to find if they fixed this in their recent release.

I’m open to suggestions. I need to get those images out, and the export feature doesn’t seem to do it. Any ideas?

As far as whether or not TOAD should be able to handle this:
I definitely think it is doable. If the file were read in as manageable “chunks”, then it should be able to handle it. At the very least, a graceful fail, instead of a complete blow-up, would seem to be appropriate.

Message was edited by: JFischer_484
All carriage returns were stripped out on posting.

Interestingly, when I clicked on Export to HTML, it actually worked! The first time, I tried to export as one ginormous file. It gave me a graceful message, stating that the file was too large. I then tried to print it (to Cute PDF), and it printed fine. I then xported to HTML, with 1 file per page, and it worked great! It even created an image file for every image! So, it seems like maybe just a slight tweak to the plug-in might fix te issue.

Sounds great. As you can see - probably need to give a second chance (try) to Toad :wink:

Apparently, it was saving up. I couldn’t save a SQL file, as the file save dialog box was no longer working. So, I shut down TOAD. And got about 2 dozen messages. It then hung, and every time I clicked on Close Window, I got another error message. So, I had to kill the process.

Can you please post your support bunde here or send it to me directly so I can take a look on the errors?

Am I right that last noted error related to the initial one with exporting images? Please do not mix different issues in one thread.

I tried, but it apparently didn’t copy correctly to the clipboard. So, when I tried to paste it in to the message, it failed.

I don’t think I mixed anything. They are all the same issue. Trying to get the TOAD report to work. Everything I did was inside of a TOAD report.

Ok, explain once again what is the sql file you tried to save. I’m afraid I don’t understand the exact steps.

by posting Support Bundle I mean not only SB text but the whole SB archive package. I’m interested in these files at least from App data dir:
Action.log
ExceptionTrace.log

Ah. I see the confusion. Me and my stream-of-consciousness posting…

I exported the report, and then tried to save the original query (which was in an editor window) as a SQL file. That failed. When I shut down TOAD, I got the same out of memory error messages. I had to restart TOAD. So, it appears to me that the export worked, but caused TOAD to run out of memory, preventing anything else (even shutting down) from working properly.

I looked in C:\Users{MyAccount}\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for SQL Server Beta 6.0

I found ExceptionTrace.log, but not Action.log. I find Action.log in other versions of TOAD (like 5.7), but not 6.0 beta.

In any case, I have attached theo ExceptionTrace.log file.

I’m not real comfortable posting that file, so if you could remove it once you have downloaded it, I would appreciate it.

I’ve downloaded file, thanks. I’ve tried to reproduce this issue on my side but looks good so far. Seems I have to use bigger images instead of my. Will try tomorrow.