Import old code-templates without description

I just tried to import my old (non-xml) code-template-export into TOAD 12.7 and was surprised that some of the templates were missing.

The problem seems to be that those have no description:
item
Name = ‘xxx’
Code.Strings = (
‘xxxxxx’)
end

The new export handles this differently, so it works here:
[…]

Is there any way to import those without having to enter a description or doing some post-processing of the file before importing again? Thanks!

This is fixed for 12.9. Unfortunately you'll have to manually add Description = '' to your old file and let the import happen again. We'll be starting up the 12.9 beta cycle soon and you could import the file there and copy over to 12.8. If you don't mind sharing your templates with me send me the lexlib.lxl from your old Toad and I'll have them converted and send them back to you. Send it to me offline at michael(dot)staszewski(at)quest.com

Thanks,

Michael

On 10/29/2015 03:26 AM, Peter Lang wrote:

Import old code-templates without description

Thread created by Peter Lang
I just tried to import my old (non-xml) code-template-export into TOAD 12.7 and was surprised that some of the templates were missing.

The problem seems to be that those have no description:

item

Name = 'xxx'

Code.Strings = (

'xxxxxx')

end

The new export handles this differently, so it works here:

[...]

Is there any way to import those without having to enter a description or doing some post-processing of the file before importing again? Thanks!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Waiting for 12.9 beta is fine, no need to waste (more of) your time :wink: