Toad World® Forums

Improving ValidValues

Attribute properties => Valid values => Enumeration

When I click on Add, new value is inserted. Hmm. But how to edit it , when there is no edit button ? Yes, click on it - inplace editor is functional .

Would it be better to automatically activate the inplace editor upon adding a new enumerated value ?

Maybe a poll will help.

Or a new checkbox somewhere in application options/settings.

The same can be applied to adding new attributes to entity.

Hi arki,

Would it be better to automatically activate the inplace editor upon adding a new enumerated value ?

This is a good suggestion. We will definitely do it. CR # 37 093.

The same can be applied to adding new attributes to entity.

We do not think it is a good idea. Some users may prefer using keys. Imagine the situation when the Add button is focused and a user press Enter to add new attributes. If the inplace editor would be activated after the add, the focus would switch to another mode when the user press Enter.

Thanks for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka

Hmm, but both situations are similar.
Application parts should behave the same,
that means when adding attribute, the form should behave the same as adding domain, user, valid value. So that user doesn’t have to memorize which dialog behaves which way.

I know that valid values is specific, it has only one data for each row. And there is no edit button.

speaking of adding attributes with keyboard,

at first I thought it is not possible to use it to manipulate cells, but it is

F2 - activates inplace editor (standard rename key)
Data types - they are rolled by RIGHT and LEFT, instead of UP and DOWN as the combo box’s direction is.
In common, cursor keys navigate cells
SPACE - toggles mandatory flag
ENTER - closes dialog bo (ok)
ESC - closes inplace editor,
ALT/TAB - normal behavious with tabs and buttons

Now I have discovered that those data types in combo box aren’t ordered by name.

Date & Time is not right below Date.

although pressing "Date " does indeed find “Date & time” correctly.

Hello,

Hmm, but both situations are similar.
The difference is that when you create a new attribute, domain etc., it can stay as Attribute1, Attribute2… In other words, you can normally work with them.
However, concerning the valid values, enumeration, you have to define the item to be able to work with it.

Now I have discovered that those data types in combo box aren’t ordered by name.
Thanks for your notification! We will fix it. CR # 37 110.

Thanks for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka