Toad World® Forums

Incompatibility with IBM DB2 Run Time Client 10.5

When using the RTC 10.5 Toad 6.0.0.181 an error message is displayed when displaying the script of an object (database, tablespace, table, etc.):

ApplicationException
ERROR [08001] [IBM] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: “TCP/IP”. Communication API being used: “SOCKETS”. Location where the error was detected: “10.26.15.32”. Communication function detecting the error: “recv”. Protocol specific error code(s): “", "”, “0”. SQLSTATE=08001

Displaying data of the table is no problem.

There is also an error (There is one line in german, sorry for that) when trying to extract DDL of an object:

System.FormatException
Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format. (Something like: Wrong format of input string)
Stack Trace:
bei System.Version.VersionResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String argument)
bei System.Version.TryParseComponent(String component, String componentName, VersionResult& result, Int32& parsedComponent)
bei System.Version.TryParseVersion(String version, VersionResult& result)
bei System.Version.Parse(String input)
bei System.Version…ctor(String version)
bei Quest.Compare.Schema.DB2.DBModel.CNS2Loader.CreateGraph(ICNSConnection connection, IEnumerable1 ids, Boolean dependent, Boolean referenced, Boolean firstLevelOnly, DBInd dbInd, HashSet1 types, ISnapshotPackage snapshot, Boolean forServerFirst, Boolean IncludeSystem, ICNSRootManager rm)
bei Quest.Compare.Schema.DB2.DBModel.CNS2Loader.CreateGraph(ICNSConnection connection, IEnumerable1 ids, Boolean dependent, Boolean referenced, Boolean firstLevelOnly, ICNSRootManager rm, HashSet1 types)
bei Quest.Compare.General.UI.DDLExtractDlg.BuildScriptInThread()

All these errors do not occur, when using IBM DB2 RTC 10.1 (I just tested with 10.1.3)

PS: I have installed different Versions of IBM DB2 Run Time Client. But in Toad I only see the default version. To change the version I use in Toad, I have to change the default first. I would like to be able to see all installed versions in the list.

Hi Martin,

I created issue TDB-1137 to track the resolution of this problem.

Toad for DB2 can only use clients that are the same version as the default client. That’s why you only see the default in the client dropdown.

Regards,

Adam

Can you tell me the name of 10.5 DB2 client installer you’re using, and the fixpack number

Hi Martin,

I haven’t been able to reproduce this exception yet. Will you provide me with some details?

Target DB: DB2 version and platform

How exactly were you using Toad to generate the script?

Regards,

Adam