Toad World® Forums

Incorrect Function (1) ?

Hi !

I just bought TDM 3.0… only to find that UDB 8 isn’t supported in it. Happily, you’re headed there with the 3.1 beta work… thanks !!

Have just installed the Toad Data Modeler 3.1.4.10 beta, after removing 3.01, which doesn’t have the udb 8 stuff I need … on WinXP Pro SP2

Upon starting TDM, the splash screen comes up, then a paths settings dialog box, and after that an error dialog box that merely says ‘Incorrect function (1)’. Doesn’t matter what you select in the paths settings dialog.

Has anyone run into this, or have a suggestion ? TIA !!

-kurt

Hello Kurt,

Does TDM3 run finally? If so, does it work fine then?
Thanks for the details.

Anyway, some comments on what you wrote:

Have just installed the Toad Data Modeler 3.1.4.10 beta, after removing 3.01…then a paths settings dialog box…

• Although you uninstalled v. 3.0, ‘user’ directories remained preserved (by default they are stored at user Documents and Settings directory:
    C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler
    C:\Documents and Settings\usre name\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler

• Beta and Full v. use different config files and other files, however during first launch of Beta, a dialog with paths settings appeares. Why? - Because the Beta recognizes the files of the full version and now asks you if you like to share some of them (e.g. a path where you store your models). The dialog will show default Beta paths, however you can modify those that you like. Otherwise the default Beta paths will be used.
    The paths settings dialog should appear only at the first launch of Beta.

Well, I hope you will find this info helpful.

In any case, please write more details. Thanks.

Suggestion: Please try to launch TDM3 Beta from a command line:
TDM3.EXE Start-Log
Please send us “Start TDM3 Log.txt” file from Bin folder of TDM3. (Send it to modeling@quest.com)

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka - added suggestion

I’ve just installed 3.1 with no previous installations on Windows XP (SP1). I get the same error: On the splash screen I get “Incorrect function(1)” Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Andy Middleditch

Hello Andy,

We asked Kurt to take the steps I mention below*. I have to say that it did not work for him. However, you may also try it out and let us know your experience.

In any case, from the information that Kurt provided us with, we will probably need more time to find out the root of the problem.
At the moment we are working on Beta 3.2.1 where more detailed log reports will be implemented. - We need the details to be able to find the cause of the problem and fix it. As soon as the Beta is released, I will ask you to download it and send us the detailed log files. (I’ll send you a private message with instructions then.)
Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

• Here’s what we asked Kurt for:
    Please take the following steps:
  1. Uninstall the Beta.
  2. Delete or rename TDM directories in the Application Data directory (provided that you did not do the clear uninstall, which means removed appropriate directories from the Documents and Settings directory.)

Default location of the Application Data directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler Beta

1. Have a look at where TDM Beta is installed and check out if it is empty (with no files):
    C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler - Beta 3

2. Install the latest Beta again and let us know the result. It should work fine now.

3. If it does not help, please have a look at the location where your user packages are stored and see if there is an extra package (besides My Package).

Default location:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler Beta\Packages{DCB5CB9B-CF65-4350-86B5-285D246FC5AC}

1. You may also check if you have all the necessary rights (privileges).

Andy, thanks for letting us know the result.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hello Kurt and Andy,

The new Beta v. 3.2.1.12 has been released.
Please read the BETA release announcement at:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=6648&tstart=0

The Beta does not solve the problem you reported but contains more detailed log output that will help us find the cause of the problem.

Please try to launch the Beta from a command line:
TDM3.EXE Start-Log
Please send us “Start TDM3 Log.txt” file from Bin folder of TDM3. (Send it to modeling@quest.com)

We hope we may ask you for your help.
Thank you very much.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team