Toad World® Forums

Input string not in correct format error

File as requested.

ExceptionTrace.log (173.6 KB)

I had the same problem with latest TDP 5.1.7 software and PostgreSQL30 or PostgreSQL ANSI drivers. Uninstalling KB 4565633 corrected the problem for me as well.

Hi,

we found source of this issue. Workaround untill we release version with fix is to add code below into Toad.exe.config in Program Files directory. It must be placed at the beginning of file, right after configuration tag (line 3).

<configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="system.data.dataset.serialization" type="System.Data.SerializationSettingsSectionGroup, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
      <section name="allowedTypes" type="System.Data.AllowedTypesSectionHandler, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>

<system.data.dataset.serialization>
    <allowedTypes>
      <add type="Quest.Toad.QueryBuilder.WhereClauseClass, ToadCore" />
    </allowedTypes>
  </system.data.dataset.serialization>

If issue persists, please let me know.

Stanislav

@StanislavLobodzinski We had many users encountering this issue after a company wide Windows update (which I'm assuming contained the previously mentioned KB articles). Your workaround seems to have done the trick with regards to the DB issue!

Also, a few users have noticed that some of their TDP settings were reset to default following the Windows update, such as: the Local Storage and Toad Export paths, unchecked multiple TDP instances box, and TDP customized skins. Any idea if these are related?

This is causing a launch issue with version 4.3.0.718

System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Stack Trace:
   at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.HasLocalCommunityEditionTIC()
   at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.SetCurrentToadOption()
   at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.SetOptionsAndCheckIdentity()
   at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.Initialize()
   at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.get_InstalledPlatforms()
   at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.get_InstalledPlatformTypes()
   at Quest.Toad.Util.Global.get_MutexAppCode()
   at Quest.Toad.StartupForm.MainAppicationEntryPoint(String[] args)
   at Quest.Toad.ToadProcessEntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Invalid window handle
Stack Trace:
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreateWindowEx(Int32 dwExStyle, String lpszClassName, String lpszWindowName, Int32 style, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, HandleRef hWndParent, HandleRef hMenu, HandleRef hInst, Object pvParam)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper..ctor(Int32 classStyle, Int32 style, Int32 exStyle, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, String name, IntPtr parent, HwndWrapperHook[] hooks)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.Initialize(HwndSourceParameters parameters)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowDuringShow()
   at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindowDuringShow()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at Quest.Toad.Exceptions.Unhandled.ForceApplicationShutdown.CreateWPFWindowDelegate(Object state)
   at Quest.Toad.Gui.WPFWindowThread.<>c__DisplayClass6.<DisplayWPFWindow>b__3()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at Quest.Toad.Gui.WPFWindowThread.CreateDispatcherThread()

@BrandonParizo
Great!
Not sure if settings reset could be related to this, but I will check that.

@dkienenberger
Looks like Toad.exe.config gets corrupted on edit. Could you please verify if copy-paste didn't add any unwanted characters to it? Also runtime section must remain untouched.

I've sent a copy of the logs and config file to Filip Cevela's email, I had removed control characters and line spacing from the file before applying it, but I'll double check.

I left out the first line configSections, my mistake, fixed and works.

This worked for me—thanks.

Thank you all.
With an assist from @dkienenberger, my machine is working now.

@StanislavLobodzinski

There seems to be an issue when applying this workarond to 5.1.7. With a working TDP instance, when applying this fix, it appears TDP can no longer find any valid licenses and says that my license has expired. Please see attached picutre. What is your suggestion to get around this?

no license

@BrandonParizo
This is odd, Toad.exe.config shouldn't have any effect on licenses. Does removing code from workaround make your Toad running again?
Anyway could you please create support ticket here: https://support.quest.com/contact-support and send license information, so we can take a closer look?

Thank you,
Stanislav

@StanislavLobodzinski Yes, removing code the code that is implemented from the workaround lets TDP run without issue; and the Licenses are back where they need to be.

I will submit a ticket.

I just started getting this error and cannot open up my old toad query builder files. I am not sure I follow all the responses below. Is this a TOAD problem caused by a Windows patch? What is the solution? Toad patch, or Windows patch?

Brad

What was the work around?

Hi,

currently you have two options. Uninstall latest patch form the MS or follow this workaround described below. Or you need to wait for the next release TDP 5.2.1.

This was cause by the security update of the .NET components with the latest Microsoft update ( 4565633 or KB4565627 based on you Windows version).

Thanks, I will have this along to our support tech.
Brad Bain
Bank of America

Hi there,
Does this also apply to patch KB4566516? I'm using 5.0.6.97. Per our patch team "applied on 7/21/2020, 2020-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4566516)" and I'm getting the same error messagees as well as other end users have reported this issue.
Thank you,Jeana

Hi Jeana,
yes, this also apply to KB4566516.

@StanislavLobodzinski, Thank you!