Install problem

I try to run the installer but get a Error pop-up that says:

Quest Installer setup failed. Examine setup log for details.

Where is this “setup log”. It is not in the same folder with the installer.

Hi Michael,

The installation log (INSTALL.LOG) is normally stored at C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Quest Installer. Please attach this to your next reply.

Can you please give us some information on your environment and any steps that is required to reproduce the error.

Thanks
Cara

I found an install log but not sure if it is the right one. It is
c:\Program Files\Quest Software\TOAD\INSTALL.LOG

The last line of this log says
User Rights: Admin
I assume that mean I must have admin rights on this PC to install the beta.
If this is true, hopefully this fact can be added to the installation requirement/instructions.

Regards,
Mike

Hi Michael,

Could you find the log in “C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle Beta\Install Logs”? If so, Please send it to us.

Thanks,
Cliff

I have a
“C:\Program Files\Quest Software”
but there is no “Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle Beta” under that path.

Regards,
Mike

Could you please send me the screen dump of the error?

Thanks,
Cliff

It’s not much to go on.
MWSnap020.jpeg

Hi Michael,

Could you please send the log? You can find it under c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\quest software\quest installer\logs.

Thanks,
Cliff

Hi there Cliff,
I am sorry to report that that folder does not exist.
Pls see attached.
Regards,
Mike

Hi Michael,

Let’s try two things:

First, I would check to see whether Raize CodeSite is installed in c:\program files\raize, also check if an install.log exists in this directory. Then, remove CodeSite if it exists.

Next, remove any entries in HKLM\Software\Quest Software\Quest Installer in the registry if they exist.

And then retry to install.

Thanks,
Cliff

Hi Michael,

Can you tell me the setup file name and the date? We want to duplicate this problem in our environment.

Thanks
Jeff