Issue copying LOB values from grid

Hello,

There appears to be an issue that showed up I believe in version 3.4 or 3.5. When copying a LOB cell containing a query definition, the first several lines of the query become one large line. For example, in Oracle, running SELECT * FROM ALL_VIEWS WHERE VIEW_NAME = 'View_Name' returns a LOB column containing the query definition. When pasting the contents, the first several lines of code appear as one line.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Thank you very much for your help.

I see it when right-clicking on an unfocused cell and then selecting to copy to clipboard. If you first click the cell with LOB and then right-click and copy to clipboard then pasted text doesn’t convert to one line. It is probably a suggested behavior of the underneath 3rd-party control. Is it really a problem?

Thanks,

Igor.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your quick response.

When I run the query, initially I get the (Excluded) value. If I request the LOB data, and the query reruns, I immediately see the contents of the cell showing the first several lines as one. If I change the option to fetch LOB data initially, as soon as the query is executed, I also immediately see the issue appear. I never see the query definition correctly, even when first clicking the cell with the LOB data.

This is important to us because we regularly query DDL scripts to compare against local script files, as I’m sure others do as well. Having to put the lines back where they belong takes extra time per query definition. It did not happen in earlier versions before 3.4 or 3.5.

Thank you again for your help.

• Joe

Hi Joe,

I tracked this behavior down to 3.2 and I see now that it was changed in 3.3. I created QAT-4232 to track this issue.

Thanks for the reporting,

Igor.

That’s great news. Thank you for looking into this for me. This will help us tremendously.

• Joe

This has been addressed. Please check the fix in the next beta.

Thank you,

Igor.