Toad World® Forums

Issues with TDM Beta 3

Greetings Vladka and team!

I know I haven’t been in here since version 3 went live, so I apologize for the delay. I finally have the latest beta on my machine and have run into a few issues.

An an environment note. I do have TDM 3 Commercial installed on my system and I run it in “Freeware” mode and each time I start things up I stay in that mode. When I went to install TDM3 Beta, I was asked which folder listings I wanted to use, and so I used the ones associated with TDM 3 Beta. With that said, here are some items.

For the bugs listed below, I started a new data model, targeting the SQL Server 2005 architecture. I have some custom Dictionary Types, schemas, and user groups added to this model.

Bugs:

1. In the stored procedure editor, I receive an “Exception 00E34EA3 Read of address 00000000” when selecting a schema in the permissions section. The general problem seems to be when I add multiple permissions and attempt to modify them without applying. If I add a single permission and then apply, then add another, things work fine. (Screenshot Provided)

2. Once I generate my SQL file for all of my items, I noticed that the stored procedure section does not put an AS after procedure declaration. I’m not sure if this is a S2K/S2K5 issue only or not, but the syntax for SQL Server stored procedures requires an AS after the declaration of the stored procedure name and any input/output parameters.

Suggestions:

1. I think I made this suggestion with the previous beta cycle, but it would be nice to have the font used in the procedure section match the font used for the rest of the SQL generated sections (SQL, Before Procedure, After Procedure). I can see where the Notes section could be a separate tab, but ideally I’d like to see them all in the same fixed font category. The general section can stay as is.

2. Is there any way to add the Physical Model explorer as a tab to the section where the package explorer and the script explorer are, or to potentially add it as a dockable section to go with the Application View? I understand the benefits of having the MDI architecture with things such as stored procedures, but the physical model explorer seems to function better as a “Fixed” asset in my mind. Having it optionally dockable would allow those that like it as a free window to keep it as such. It could be that I’m in a unique boat, but I use the Physical Model Explorer exclusively when I’m working with my models.

Keep up the great work guys! I really appreciate the hard work done. Things are a lot smoother than when I first started working with the Toad Betas back in the day 8^D

TDMAddPermissionError.jpeg

Hello Dillie-O,

Thanks very much for your post.

Bug 1 - We have succeeded to simulate the problem and will fix it. CR # 43 232. Thanks for your notification!

Bug 2 - It is not a bug in fact. ‘AS’ has to be written in the SQL code in the SQL tab to be generated. Please see some example screenshots in the Help file (also in attachment).

Suggestion 1

I think I made this suggestion with the previous beta cycle, but it would be nice to have the font used in the procedure section match the font used for the rest of the SQL generated sections (SQL, Before Procedure, After Procedure). I can see where the Notes section could be a separate tab, but ideally I’d like to see them all in the same fixed font category.

Checking out the new Beta 3.1.2.52 that will come out very soon, I can see the sections where SQL code is written have the same format. Please check it out in the new Beta and let me know if it meets your requirements.
Concerning other tabs - such as e.g. Procedure Comments, Notes etc., the format is different. Nevertheless, request to have the same font format on these tabs as on SQL tab has already been raised. (CR # 35 735)

Suggestion 2 - Physical Model Explorer
Model Explorer (Physical or Logical) can be docked on the Application Window (at the top, bottom, right or left) and only to a model. If it’;s docked to a model, you can see it while working with the particular model. In other words, if more models are open in Designer and you click any, it will activate and so will its Model Explorer.

We know that users do not work with Package and Script Explorers so often, therefore we have changed the default layout of the application in the new Beta. Please see the attachment.
Anyway, this default look will be available for “first-time” TDM3 users. Users of any previous versions will have the same layout as before as the layout that they might have modified remains preserved (the layout is saved in .txe file).
In any case, please feel free to change the layout at your convenience.
To get the default look, dock the Application View next to the Message Explorer, undock and close Script and Package Explorers and dock the Model Explorer on the left side of the Application Window.

To dock - press SHIFT and hold it down, click the top of the form (pane) and drag it to the required position.
To undock - Press SHIFT and double-click the top of the form (pane).

Dillie-O, if you have any questions, please feel free to write me back. Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka

Hello Dillie-O,

Thanks very much for your post.

Bug 1 - We have succeeded to simulate the problem and will fix it. CR # 43 232. Thanks for your notification!

Bug 2 - It is not a bug in fact. ‘AS’ has to be written in the SQL code in the SQL tab to be generated. Please see some example screenshots in the Help file (also in attachment).

Suggestion 1

I think I made this suggestion with the previous beta cycle, but it would be nice to have the font used in the procedure section match the font used for the rest of the SQL generated sections (SQL, Before Procedure, After Procedure). I can see where the Notes section could be a separate tab, but ideally I’d like to see them all in the same fixed font category.

Checking out the new Beta 3.1.2.52 that will come out very soon, I can see the sections where SQL code is written have the same format. Please check it out in the new Beta and let me know if it meets your requirements.
Concerning other tabs - such as e.g. Procedure Comments, Notes etc., the format is different. Nevertheless, request to have the same font format on these tabs as on SQL tab has already been raised. (CR # 35 735)

Suggestion 2 - Physical Model Explorer
Model Explorer (Physical or Logical) can be docked on the Application Window (at the top, bottom, right or left) and only to a model. If it’;s docked to a model, you can see it while working with the particular model. In other words, if more models are open in Designer and you click any, it will activate and so will its Model Explorer.

We know that users do not work with Package and Script Explorers so often, therefore we have changed the default layout of the application in the new Beta. Please see the attachment.
Anyway, this default look will be available for “first-time” TDM3 users. Users of any previous versions will have the same layout as before as the layout that they might have modified remains preserved (the layout is saved in .txe file).
In any case, please feel free to change the layout at your convenience.
To get the default look, dock the Application View next to the Message Explorer, undock and close Script and Package Explorers and dock the Model Explorer on the left side of the Application Window.

To dock - press SHIFT and hold it down, click the top of the form (pane) and drag it to the required position.
To undock - Press SHIFT and double-click the top of the form (pane).

Dillie-O, if you have any questions, please feel free to write me back. Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka
SQL_tab_Procedure.doc (54.5 KB)