Toad World® Forums

Java Manager

Hi!

When I try load java, i see following message:

Java Manager could not load selected file(s) as Loadjava.bat does not exist in the Oracle Home directory.
Please find the file and place it in the Oracle Home directory.
And output shows file does not exists.
But … loadjava.bat exists in %ORACLE_HOME/bin drectory. Then I copied file directly to Ora_home. Results the same.

I’m not used to use java manager, i always loaded java manually, so now i want test it. Am I doing something wrong?

My Ora client is 10.2.

Regards Piter

Hi Piter,

Nice catch Piter. The Java Manager is broken. The Oracle Home path in Java Manager returns an invalid path plus it always look for the bin directory.

We will raise a request on your behalf to have to fix for you in a future build.

Will let you know if you could find a work around for you for now
Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi!
The same situation, when you open tool to publishing java, sqlnav wants to load special java class, the same error occurs. Check this wizard too.

Regards Piter

Noted…
Thanks for the extra info Piter!!

Jaime

Hi Piter,

Just a quick note to inform you that all the Java Manager issues you reported have been addressed. The changes are in the Final Beta build which will be available to you tomorrow.

Thanks again for your input on this.

Regards,
Bruce

Nice to hear that!

Hi!
Yesss it works! Maybe some message box showed afther load/drop will be helpful?

Regards Piter

Glad to hear it works!!
I’ll log an enhancement in relation to the message (good idea)

Jaime

Hi Piter,

All the messages for Java Manager is posted to the output window. Did you get any message in your output window from the Java Manager? There are preferences to force the output display for text, info and error…

The same for extractdll and other long process where messages are sent to the output window…

Can you please let us know if the message in output would meet your requirment?

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce!
I havn’t seen them because my output is set only to display error. Of course I turn on warnings and messages and test it!

Regards Piter

Many thanks Piter.

Regards,
Bruce

Hi Piter, have you had a chance to check this out yet?
I want to update the CR with your findings.

Jaime

Hi Jaime!
So when warnings are enabled , all informations are showed :).
One small thing, afther open in Schema combo, crrent schema could be selected, of course it could be only cosmetic modification, because when you load java with null schema box, loader loads java into current user.

Regards Piter

Thanks Piter… you’re a champion

Jaime