Toad World® Forums

Keyboard Shortcut - Management Studio Mapping for Comment and Uncomment lines does not work.

I’m working in Toad Beta Version 6.6.0.291.

The Keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-K, Ctrl-C, to comment and Ctrl-K Ctrl-U to uncomment does not work in my editing

Selecting Edit->Advanced->Comment (Ctrl-K, Ctrl-C) to comment out code works. Other Mangement Studio short cut keys work, e.g. L+Shift+Control makes selected text Lowercase.

Returning to the default keyboard shortcuts does not work. Using the Toad For Oracle keyboard shortcuts do work for Comment/Uncomment, i.e. OemMinux+Control

Tony

Do any developers or support personnel read these postings?

Should this be filed as a bug in a more formal way?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your feedback ,It a bug for Toad For SQL Server,

I 've create TSS-742, We will try to fix it later.

Cathy.

I noticed that also. I had to revert to the other Toad Default of CTRL± or CTRL+SHIFT± to uncomment.

Hi,

Thank you. we have put this issue in plan.

Best Regards,

Kelly

I can report that the keyboard mapping for Comment, Ctrl-K Ctl-C still does not work in Beta version 371 released on 11/25.

I continue to us CTRL+ and CTRL+SHIFT+ to comment my code.

When will this be fixed?

Sorry for the inconvenience , we will fix it in next Beta.

Thanks,

Cathy.

Sent: Wednesday, 26 November 2014 1:19 AM

To: toadssbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for SQL Server - Beta Discussion Forum] Keyboard Shortcut - Management Studio Mapping for Comment and Uncomment lines does not work.

RE: Keyboard Shortcut - Management Studio Mapping for Comment
and Uncomment lines does not work.

Reply by oconnor

I can report that the keyboard mapping for Comment, Ctrl-K Ctl-C still does not work in Beta version 371 released on 11/25.

I continue to us CTRL+ and CTRL+SHIFT+ to comment my code.

When will this be fixed?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for SQL Server - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for SQL Server - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

In version 6.1 Ctrl-K Ctl-C works ok, but in 6.5 and 6.6 still does not work! Any idea when this issue will be resolved?!

Doesn’t work for me either, not cool. And while I am at it. When you display tabs vertically, the section they display should be pinable and unpinable like connection manager and object explorer, this will help maximize the editor page. Like the new nice look to versions 6.6 though.

Hi,

Sorry for your inconvenience. We have tried to fix this before, but this is hard to fixed.

We will continue to investigate for a solution.

Best Regards,

Kelly