Toad World® Forums

keyword overwite

Normal functionality is when you highlight something, and then start typing, it will overwrite what you hightlighted. In the code editor, this works fine unless the word you highlighted is a keyword - like WHERE, AND, NULL, etc. If I highlight one of those words, then start typing, it keeps the word and adds what I am typing. I think this should be consistent. If you highlight something, and start typing, it should overwrite it - regardless if it is a keyword or not.

Thanks.

-Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I have checked several ways of highlight for keywords, double click on the word/select by holding left mouse click, then typing. however it overwrite correctly for me each time. I couldn’t reproduce it even with the profile you provided before. Did it work like this consistently? Did you change any settings recently?

Thanks,

Shirly

Highlight the word, then press the single quote - ’

Looks like it is only for the single quote. letters do overwrite it correctly.

Happens every time, and this has happened for a while now, I’m not sure what version it started on.

Thanks.

-Charlie

Thank you Charlie for your note. I could reproduce it with typing “-” now. PT#56404796 has been raised for it. Once we fix will let you know, thanks.

Regards,

Shirly

Hi Charlie,

This issue has been fixed in our latest beta build 3003, any issue please feel free to let us know, thanks.

Regards,

Shirly