Learn about Toad Data Point Free Training

We offer a free web-based training program for Toad Data Point users.

Currently the course we offer covers:

• How to connect to data sources
  • How to understand the data sources, expose the data sources’ objects and view relationships between objects
  • How to query data and create a dataset
  • How to export, save or publish a dataset
  • How to automate the entire connect, query and export process

For more information - visit https://support.quest.com/Toad-Data-Point/training

1 Like

I cannot get the simulations to work. I have tried 4 different browsers - Firefox, IE, Chrome, and Edge. I have enabled pop up blockers and add quest.com and software.quest.com to compatibility in IE.

2 Likes

What error do you see? Post a screenshot of what you are seeing? What OS do you have? Or perhaps open a support case. These should work fine.

Please see below screen shots. When I click next on the Interactive Simulation screen a second screen pops up but stays blank and does not load the simulation. I am using Windows 10.

Thanks,

Lisa Simmons

Section Coordinator | Reporting & Analysis

Operations Division
| Planning & Administration

Texas Tech University

3101 Main, Suite 120
|
Lubbock, TX 79409

806.834.5936 office
| MS 5091

lisa.simmons@ttu.edu | spacepladmin.staff@ttu.edu

Hi Lisa,

You said below you have enabled pop-up blockers – not sure if that is a typo or not, but I am guessing your browser is blocking pop-ups from appearing which is what the course uses.

In Microsoft Edge Browser, for example, Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Block pop-ups = Off

Regards,

Nate Gaffaney, Quest Software

Hi Lisa,

I figured out the issue and working to fix it. I will let you know as soon as the issue is fixed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience.

hi there,

can anyone confirm if i need to do a new installation for an update from 5.1.6 to 5.1.7?