Toad World® Forums

Making changes to package body also compiles specification

From “notes on build 825”:
“*5. Making changes in package body also compiles the package spec, although it was not touched”

This bug got fixed, but is now back again. This is very important for me, so i hope it gets fixed before the release. The spec shouldn’t be touched unless it changed.
(i didn’t test for types, just for packages, but maybe they are involved too)

Some typos too:

1. View differences object/script dialogue
    “in currrent schema” ( 3 r-s)

2. Preferences->Extract DDL -> Extraxt DDL/Metadata
    “New tab in the Code Editor for each object.” (unnecessary dot - no other preference name has dot in the end)

Hi Andres,

We did fix it before but it leads to several problems where body and spec are not in sync. We need to look more into it and make sure the fix won’t screw up any other parts. Thanks for your feedback!

Gwen

The spec compiling when only body needs to be compiled bug is still present in build 972 - will it be fixed in 6.0?

Hi Andres,

This issue has been fixed in our latest internal build, and the changes will be in the next beta build which we currently plan to send it out early next week.

Please check the next build out and let us know if you are happy with the fix.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

It’s still there in build 979. I’m afraid to go near to any live database with this tool if it compiles things that needn’t and shouldn’t be compiled.

two other small notes:

*) tooltips on buttons that are very close to the right edge are not readable (only some few letters - others are out of screen (dependencies, columns))
*) revert to previous package - couldn’t find such button or menu that was there in 5.5, if i wanted to undo all the changes and reload from the database - is this intentional or just missed functionality

Regards,
Andres

Hi Andres,

The changes for invalid package was made after we released build 979 to the community. It will be available in the next beta release.

Note1: Can you please provide us with a snapshot?

Note2: Are you talking about Undo checkout for teamcoding or something else?

Gwen

Message was edited by: Gwen

Hi Andres,

Can you please try build 1003 out and let us know if you are happy with the fix with the saving package/body issues. The upgrade installer is available from:
http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/shares/sqlnavigator/sbin/beta/1003/sqlnav_6-0-0-1003-beta-update.zip

We will release a new official Beta build in the next 1-2 days.

Many thanks for your help as always.
Regards,
Bruce

Hi,
build 1003 really works as expected when saving package body, thanks a lot.

About the two other things - Icons at the bottom of toolbox - see the tip “Co” - still no idea it means “Columns” until i click on it.

The revert or reload button - the screenshot is from 5.5, i couldn’t find this button nor anything from the menu that would do the same thing in 6.0 - forget the changes and reload the object source from the database.

The two typos from the first message of this thread also seem to be unnoticed.

Regards,
Andres
sqlnav_b1003_p1.jpeg

Hi,
build 1003 really works as expected when saving package body, thanks a lot.

About the two other things - Icons at the bottom of toolbox - see the tip “Co” - still no idea it means “Columns” until i click on it.

The revert or reload button - the screenshot is from 5.5, i couldn’t find this button nor anything from the menu that would do the same thing in 6.0 - forget the changes and reload the object source from the database.

The two typos from the first message of this thread also seem to be unnoticed.

Regards,
Andres
sqlnav_b1003_p2.jpeg

Hi Andres,

The typos and the revert button will be fixed in the next release.

I couldn’t reproduce the problem with the hint. Mine works fine. Could you take another snapshot of the whole screen. I just want to see how the other windows (i.e. code editor, output window, project manager, etc.) in NAV are arranged in your environment.

Thanks
Gwen

Hi,
here is the screenshot. Dual monitor mode, right one is the main monitor, SQLNav is maximised on the main monitor. See the broken tooltip in the bottom-right corner of DB Explorer
sqlnav_b1003_p3.jpeg

Thanks for the snapshot, I can reproduce the problem now. It only happens when the dual monitor is set up that way. When the main monitor is set up to be on the left, the hint works as expected. This issue will possibly be fixed in 6.1 due to its low priority.

Gwen