Toad World® Forums

MDI SDI switch error and work around

Good Morning TOAD Team,

Sorry, I did not try the SDI interface when still in beta; I love it in production, but some users will not be able to get there. When switching either way, from MDI to SDI or back from SDI to MDI, if I press OK I receive the following error message and are stuck in settings: If you press apply, TOAD tells you it needs to restart and when you accept, restarts and makes the change. :slight_smile:

The following files specified on the Executables tab could not be found:

SQL*Plus

Import

TNS Ping

Go to the Executable section in options and try different things. If you are not using those executables, simply clear out their paths. Or you could try to check “auto detect” at the top.

From: wickliffe.larry bounce-wickliffelarry@toadworld.com

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 8:53 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] MDI SDI switch error and work around

MDI SDI switch error and work around

Thread created by wickliffe.larry

Good Morning TOAD Team,

Sorry, I did not try the SDI interface when still in beta; I love it in production, but some users will not be able to get there.  When switching either way, from MDI to SDI or back from SDI to MDI, if I press OK I receive the following error message and are stuck in settings:  If you press apply, TOAD tells you it needs to restart and when you accept, restarts and makes the change.  :-) 

The following files specified on the Executables tab could not be found:

SQL*Plus

Import

TNS Ping

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Good Morning Brad,

Thank you! I corrected the Oracle paths and the error has gone away.

BTW, the real fault is my lack of consistency when installing Oracle (I used to be consistent); but when I copy TOAD settings between workstations is where the paths get damaged.

Thanks again!!