Toad World® Forums

Modeler Bug: Entity & Relationship Properties inconsistent in Null - Not-Null / Mandatory-Optional Parent

Not sure if this is the right way to post some bugs found in the Beta version (or potentially exist in the current one), please let me know if I’m missusing this forum:

• On changing foreign key to not-null in entity properties, it should reflect in the relationship as ‘parent mandatory’, and vice versa. It works only if you set parent mandatory and gets reflected as not null, but all other permutations of change doesn’t work i.e. setting it not null doesn’t reflect as parent not mandatory …etc.

I can confirm – that looks like a bug to me. It’s weekend – so we probably won’t hear back from Czech dev team until late Sunday US time
J

Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:00 AM

To: tdmbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad Data Modeler - Beta Discussion Forum] Modeler Bug: Entity & Relationship Properties inconsistent in Null - Not-Null / Mandatory-Optional Parent

Modeler Bug: Entity & Relationship Properties inconsistent in Null - Not-Null
/ Mandatory-Optional Parent

Thread created by MIhabT

Not sure if this is the right way to post some bugs found in the Beta version (or potentially exist in the current one), please let me know if I’m missusing this forum:

• On changing foreign key to not-null in entity properties, it should reflect in the relationship as ‘parent mandatory’, and vice versa. It works only if you set parent mandatory and gets reflected
    as not null, but all other permutations of change doesn’t work i.e. setting it not null doesn’t reflect as parent not mandatory …etc.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi,

this is “by design”. See the following example:

mandatory.png

One FK attribute in Employee Address entity is mapped to two ID attributes in two different parent entitties. The ID attribute in the child entity is Not Null, but the same record should not exist in both parent entities and therefore the Mandatory Parent setting is unchecked correctly.

In general: if Mandatory Parent is not checked, the child attribute can be nullable as well as Not Null.

Regards,

Vaclav

It seems to be inconsistent with documentation then. In “Synchronization of NotNull and Mandatory Parent” section of help it is claimed that with synchronization enabled in Settings | Options | Physical Model | General tab | Synchronize Not Null with Mandatory Parent it is guaranteed to have a synchronization between Mandatory Parent and NOT NULL attributes of clildrens.