Toad World® Forums

Moving Between Attributes

I am currently modeling a few databases I am architecting. While adding attributes to entities (columns to tables), I occasionally forget to set some property or other (usually the type). I want to say that in prior versions, there was a drop-down list of all the attributes on the entity, and I could easily switch between them, without having to close the attribute window.

Regardless of whether my memory is accurate or not, that would be appreciated. Also, arrows to move forward and backward through the list would be wonderful. I know I can change the column type in the entity window, but there are times when I want to cycle through the attributes for whatever reason.

This is partially related. When I attempt to change the type of an attribute (say, from the default of Char(1) to NVarChar(50), the drop-down list is extremely narrow, only able to display about 5 or 6 characters. That should be widened to show more characters, at least while the drop down list is open.

Hi,

the navigation bar is still there. Just a bit hidden because it was not that frequently used UI item. See attached screenshots.

Re combo box width: if you resize the Attribute Properties form, the combo gets wider. If you wish to change the data type in grid in Entity Properties, resize the column. Some setings are loaded from previous versions (e.g. forms positions etc.)

Regards,

Vaclav
navig2.png

Hi,

the navigation bar is still there. Just a bit hidden because it was not that frequently used UI item. See attached screenshots.

Re combo box width: if you resize the Attribute Properties form, the combo gets wider. If you wish to change the data type in grid in Entity Properties, resize the column. Some setings are loaded from previous versions (e.g. forms positions etc.)

Regards,

Vaclav
navig1.png

Ah ha! I found the arrows! :slight_smile:

For some reason, I thought I had tried to resize the column. That definitely helps, but could be improved. When the drop-down, well, drops down, it would be nice if its width could expand to be wider than the column width.