Toad World® Forums

Moving code editor contents to another session

When having 2 or more sessions open, I sometimes select another session in the list (top left) to “move” the current code editor contents to a code editor in the other session.
Previously, the code editor in the “old” session disappeared, but now, the code editor is merely copied and a copy remains in the “old” session
In the “old” session, the view is sometimes switched to the “spool” tab, too, or another (empty) code editor window gets created.

SQL Navigator 6.3 Beta Build 1749

Hi Dominique,

I believe the specified behaviour was from a 5.5 version. Since we changed our layout, we lost the ability to attached code editor to selected session. And our work-around is to create a new tab in the selected session. I’m afraid there’s not much we can do in this area.

Gwen

Gwen,

It worked in all SQLNav versions from 5.5 up to 6.2.1, as far as I know. Thus I find it strange for this feature to suddenly disappear in 6.3…

Radar, you will always have the magic of Crtl+C, Ctrl+V.

I don’t think it’s gone.
Right-click in your SQL Editor, select File, select Send To Session.
Not as easy as it used to be, but it’s still there.

-Charlie

*> I don’t think it’s gone.
Right-click in

your SQL Editor, select File, select Send To
Session.
Not as easy as it used to be, but
it’s still there.

-Charlie

This still leaves the original code/pane open (it behaves just like changing the session at the top left).

Hi Dominique,

I have checked 6.1.1 again and I can assure you that the behaviour has been like this since 6.0. The tab will be sent to the new session by creating a new one and copy the content over. The session window will still exist after the move.

Gwen