Toad World® Forums

Multiple Excel Instances Available dialog - make wider please

Feature request: Please modify the Multiple Excel Instances Available dialog to be at least double the current width.

File paths and file names tend to be long, and when the left-part of the file path and/or name is long you get stuck having to hover your pointer over each open file to figure out which one is the one you need.

This dialog should be at least double the current width, but ideally it should just be a resizable modal/popup.

PS - You can get this dialog to display by opening 2 or more Excel Spreadsheets in Excel, then right-click a result set in Toad and choose: Quick Export > Excel Instance > Excel Instance At Active Cell

Hi Darren,

Sorry, we cannot make toad show this dialog. Would you please provide more details? Which Excel version are you using? How can we opening 2 or more Excel Spreadsheets?

Thank you,

Kelly

I happened to be using Excel 2013 but I’m not sure that really matters.

Step 1: Create any Excel Spreadsheet, save it as a long name: “My really long spreadsheet name where only the last digit of the name is different 1.xlsx”

(Keep the file open).

Step 2: Create another Excel Spreadsheet, save it as a different long file name: “My really long spreadsheet name where only the last digit of the name is different 2.xlsx”

(Keep the file open).

Step 3: In Toad, run a SQL query that returns data … say select * from Customer

Right-Click in the results set, choose Quick Export > Excel Instance > Excel Instance at Active Cell…

Notice that you cannot read the only part of the filename that lets you distinguish one file from the other.

Darren

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:40 PM

To: toadssbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for SQL Server - Beta Discussion Forum] Multiple Excel Instances Available dialog - make wider please

RE: Multiple Excel Instances Available dialog - make wider
please

Reply by Kelly.Chen

Hi Darren,

Sorry, we cannot make toad show this dialog. Would you please provide more details? Which Excel version are you using? How can we opening 2 or more Excel Spreadsheets?

Thank you,

Kelly

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for SQL Server - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for SQL Server - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Darren,

Sorry for reply you late. I finally find the dialog, it only show up when I use Excell 2013. Yes, it is really a issue. I create TSS-795 for this and we try to fix it.

Thanks,

Kelly

Kelly,

This is still an issue in Toad for SQL Server Beta 6.7.0.91.

Since the impact of an export to active cell in the wrong sheet produces an irreversible data loss in the destination sheet picking the wrong sheet is potentially a major problem.

Darren

Hi Darren,

This is issue has been fixed. Please kindly try in next beta.

Kelly