Toad World® Forums

Nav 6.0 Crashing

I was comparing our Test environment to our DBA Environment (View Differences for Packages). I found a difference, In the Pre environment I extracted DDL. The only thing different was the body so I copied from the create package body on down Ctl-C then went to the dba version (This was the second one I had done so I did a ctl-a to select everything then a ctl-v to paste). Then I hit the play button and got the attached… Sorry about the font, I couldn’t correct it, also part of the box is missing… I pushed the Debug button and brought up Visual Studio 2005, but nothing showed. I did not push the click here link…
I don’t know if you should spend a lot of time on this, just thought I would report it…

nav60error.jpeg

Ok, I’m thinking 6.0 don’t like doing this. I relaunched Nav 6.0 and did the exact same this with different packages, the same thing happened, this time I got some other print screens. These packages are somewhat large if that is of any help.
nav60err2.jpeg

Hi Dale,
We’re really concerned about this bug. I tried to reproduce it using the provided steps but so far nothing went wrong. Would you mind providing some more information such as how big is the package (i.e. how many lines), and does the problem only occur if you do copy and paste afer using view differences?
Thanks
Gwen

Before we go too much further, I have attached a 5.x versus a 6.0 print screen to show how different they view, maybe this has something to do with it (I doubt it, but always a shot). I also included a text file that is the actual code (Just the specs in case you want to do an octal dump or something). When I look at it in a text editor I do not see the boxes…

In gathering all the data for this, I did not build the package, I extracted the DDL, Highlighted the Body deleted. File save as, then Ctl-Z to undo and I got the crash window again, I did not extract more than once. Nor did I build at all.

On a side note the SQL Navigator for Oracle Window (Pop up Box) stays on top no matter what application is on top. I am looking at it right now even with IE on top.

Message was edited by: Lozier
LCA_TLC_LINE_ITEM.txt (8.96 KB)

Before we go too much further, I have attached a 5.x versus a 6.0 print screen to show how different they view, maybe this has something to do with it (I doubt it, but always a shot). I also included a text file that is the actual code (Just the specs in case you want to do an octal dump or something). When I look at it in a text editor I do not see the boxes…

In gathering all the data for this, I did not build the package, I extracted the DDL, Highlighted the Body deleted. File save as, then Ctl-Z to undo and I got the crash window again, I did not extract more than once. Nor did I build at all.

On a side note the SQL Navigator for Oracle Window (Pop up Box) stays on top no matter what application is on top. I am looking at it right now even with IE on top.

Message was edited by: Lozier
nav5vsnav6.jpeg

Hi Dale,
Thanks for the info. We’ve seen this square thing a couple of times before but it didn’t cause us or anyone any problem. In fact it went away if you cut and copy the code to a different tab or save it. Unfortunately I cant reproduce it anymore although I have tried in several machines.
Can you reproduce it consistently everytime by "extracting DDL, Highlighted the Body deleted. File save as, then Ctl-Z "?
Gwen

No, I can not recreate it consistently. In fact this morning I can’t even recreate it the original way. You had asked earlier what were the sizes of the pacages, one was 5191 lines the other is 3362 lines, these include Specs and Body. Also when you copy and paste, the pasted version no longer has the boxes… I wish I could be more help.

I tried with a package that is about 10 000 lines and couldn’t get the error. It’s just a bit slow. I will keep an eye on this. Thanks, Dale.