Toad World® Forums

Navigation Manager Failings

The Navigation Manager continues to be a major failing for me in the TDP 3.6.0.2974 beta. It cannot seem to remember much of anything when switching connections from one database server to another (Oracle 11gR1 to SQL Server 2008 R2 and back in my case).

I work with multiple database servers and databases and when switching connections I expect Toad to revert back to the connection environment state of when that connection was last used. The latest version still working for me generally in this regard is TDP 3.3.0.1526, which can also handle multiple connections to the same database server (looking at different schemas or databases).

I suggest the developers handling the Navigation Manager back up and regroup because they seem to have lost their way.

• MJ

Same issue in TDP 3.6.0.3248. What a friggin’ mess!

To MJacquot_187:

I looked into our release version of Toad Data Point 3.6.0.3276 and did not see a difference in behavior with Toad Data Point 3.3.0.1526. Below is my reproduction attempt and a side-by-side screenshot of TDP 3.3 and 3.6.

Reproduction Attempt:

1. Select a SQL Server Connection.
  2. Change the schema to a non-default schema (I chose QUEST_AUTO)
  3. Double-click a different connection (I selected Oracle).
  4. Double-click the previous SQL Server connection. The schema is remembered, as is the currently selected table.

We humbly request an elaboration of the issues you're encountering with our Navigation Manager.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Software Associate Developer,
-Joshua Liong

Joshua -

See this thread showing you may have understood what I was looking for.

www.toadworld.com/.../21226.aspx

I would like TDP to properly handle multiple connections to the same Oracle 11gR1 database (using the full Oracle client), each pointed to a different schema, and multiple connections to the same SQL Server 2008 R2 database server, each pointed to a different database. This means that TDP should not get confused and/or lock up when switching between the multiple active connections. TDP 3.3 will work for a while but will eventually fail. TDA 3.1 is actually the last version I’m still using that can properly handle this scenario.

• MJ