Toad World® Forums

New custom editor toolbar not saved when exiting application

If I create a new custom editor toolbar and DON’T close my editor window before I exit the application, the new toolbar is gone when I relaunch Toad Data Point. However if I DO close my editor window before I exit the application, the new toolbar is still there when I relaunch.

To test this, I first deleted the Application Data Directory and then relaunched Toad Data Point Beta 3.8.0.56. When prompted to import connections, I said Cancel. When prompted to migrate settings, I said cancel. I did not connect to any database. Then I opened a new editor window and created a new custom toolbar (which I called “Dave Editor Toolbar”) with just one command (File > Exit):

BETA custom editor toolbar before exit.png

Then I kept the editor window open and exited from Toad Data Point by clicking the X in the top right corner.

When I relaunched Toad and opened an editor window, the custom toolbar is gone:

BETA custom editor toolbar after exit.png

Then I recreated the custom toolbar and this time before exiting Toad, I closed the editor window. I didn’t need to save the editor file (which had no content anyway), I just had to close it. Now when I relaunched Toad, the custom toolbar was still there.

I was able to reproduce this issue. I made an issue for this: QAT-5914